No announcement yet.

Smoothing plugin

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• i.ilievski
    Transparency plugin
    by i.ilievski
    HI... I'm using transparency plugin (eliminate white and eliminate black) very often in PS 7.. But few day's ago I upgraded to CS2, and those plugins don't work at all, they don't even show in the plugin list...

Does anyone have some info on this, or maybe there is new version of those...
    09-25-2006, 07:03 AM
  • SZStudio
    Impressionist plugin: 64 bit version?
    by SZStudio
    Does a 64-bit version of the Impressionist plugin exist?

If not is there some way to use this plugin under Windows 7?
    03-20-2012, 03:31 PM
  • garfield
    vrml plugin
    by garfield
    what is th ebest vrml plugin i can use for my internet explorer. some said its cortona others said comet or such i just dont know. Please help thanks.
    05-06-2003, 08:09 AM
  • Doug Nelson
    64bit plugin similar to Cybia AlphaWorks
    by Doug Nelson
    Does anyone know of a plugin that will work with Photoshop CC 64bit with similar functionality to Cybia AlphaWorks?

It was the easiest and cleanest way I'd found to drop white or drop black. I know there are actions for just that, but it could drop ANY color, which came in handy at t...
    05-11-2015, 08:49 AM
  • ShadowLight
    Plugin - requests?
    by ShadowLight
    I'm curious to what part of your workflow would you have made as a plugin.
    What would you have automatized?

please give some clear description so I can (try to) implement it
    (time permitting)
    yes, it's going to be free
    09-12-2011, 05:41 AM
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoothing plugin

Hi, I'm upgrading my system from an older mac running 32 bit CS4 to a newer intel system running CS5. I've been using kodak gem airbrush for smoothing areas for retouch, which works on the entire image, not just the face/skin. I would like a similar filter for 64 bit CS5. I have tried portraiture and it works great with the mask disabled, however, $200 for a simple smoothing filter is more than I want to spend.

I have used the degrunging actions (which also seems to do what I want) but I need something faster with a preview for production work. Does anyone have ideas? Thank you.

Re: Smoothing plugin

There are no fast shortcuts to quality retouching.

Comment

Agreed but there are plugins that sure speed things up. No offense but your post doesn't help much. I simply asked if there is a modern 64bit plugin that functions like kodak gem airbrush without costing an arm and a leg. I'm not looking for freebies, just some direction.

Comment

No offense but oneredpanther's reply was dead solid perfect.

It's hard not to conclude that not only do you not want to spend the time to do it the right way, you don't want to spend the money for a plug-in that, in your words "works great." So what do you want?

This probably isn't the best place to look for advice on auto-fixes, one-stop shopping solutions and, yes, shortcuts.

Comment

I haven't gotten around to trying yet, but have a look at this:
          http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/pho...in-smooth.html

Comment

Originally posted by edgework View Post
            This probably isn't the best place to look for advice on auto-fixes, one-stop shopping solutions and, yes, shortcuts.
            Not asking for an auto-fix plugin. Nowhere in my OP was I asking for that. I'm looking for a smoothing plugin that doesn't cost $200. I only need a faction of the functionality portraiture does and therefore I don't want to spend that much $.

Thanks Shift, I'll give that a shot.

Comment

Maybe I'm in the wrong forum. I use the plugin for photo restoration, not model retouching

Comment

There's an incredible amount of snob appeal to pouncing on anyone who mentions "smoothing". Not every shot is a detailed beauty shot destined for one's portfolio or the cover of a magazine. Second in grandiosity is disdaining all 3rd party plugins. It really gets humorous after a while.

Not that familiar with Gem, so can't say how they compare, but Topaz DeNoise may be worth a look. I like DeNoise a lot for adding a polish to metals, for instance.

Comment

Again, I'm not entirely sure what Gem does, but you might want to experiment with Adobe Camera Raw's negative clarity and noise reduction.

I like to make a dupe layer and use Russel Brown's: CS5 Script: Edit Layers in ACR, Episode # CS5_039:

http://www.russellbrown.com/scripts.html

then mask in as required.

Truth be told, I haven't really tried it for skin work. But being free, it's worth a try.

Comment

You could try Portrait Professional, the product advertised in the banner above this post. It's less expensive than Portraiture. I tried it and bought Portraiture because Portraiture did a better job for me, but you could try Professional and see if it meets your needs and budget.
                    Robert Ash - Website: www.RobertAsh.com | Facebook photo page| Twitter: @RobertAshPhoto

Comment

Take a look through the list of third-party plug-ins (and actions) here and here.
                      DISCOUNTED plug-ins, FREE digital imaging ezine archive and PHOTO BLOG:
                      www.plugsandpixels.com

Comment

Thanks for the tips! I really appreciate it. I've been using Ronnys Dual Method action and its been working great so far. You're right, I'm not touching up models for magazine covers. I restore a LOT of photographs and yes I use filters to speed things up. 90% of it is manual work but there's that 10% of the work that would take 8x the time without filters.

Thanks again! I'll add these tools to my belt.

Comment

That's exactly right. There's nothing wrong with plug-ins and actions if they give good results and save time. If you have the time AND the chops, you go manual. But not many people have both.
                          DISCOUNTED plug-ins, FREE digital imaging ezine archive and PHOTO BLOG:
                          www.plugsandpixels.com

Comment

Working...
                          X