How do we get this tone (and light)??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do we get this tone (and light)??

Educated guesses? I LOVE the tones in this photo...I also love the subtle light on the subject (photographers take a guess? gridded beauty dish?).

Cheers!

Re: How do we get this tone (and light)??

Originally posted by jbedford View Post
    Educated guesses? I LOVE the tones in this photo...I also love the subtle light on the subject (photographers take a guess? gridded beauty dish?).

Cheers!
    On the tone / color, if you examine the image in LAB mode you will see the the highlights have a yellow cast and the shadows have a blue cast, both of which are proportional to the brightness levels. The skin which is primarily near the center of the brightness scale are pretty normal (for that luminosity level). All this strongly suggests split toning or a custom curve which accomplishes the same effect.
    Regards, Murray

Comment

pretty basic lighting - a gridded BD would do it but it looks to me like the lighted center of the shot is more a result of an added vignette - notice how the hills in the center are lighter than the hills at the edges

Comment

Tones would be easy with a blue channel curve, pull down top right point and up bottom left. Lighting could even be just a reflector.

Comment

Originally posted by gazhilla View Post
          Tones would be easy with a blue channel curve, pull down top right point and up bottom left. Lighting could even be just a reflector.
          I agree. Or you can fill with navi blue then set it exclusion blend mode. Play with curves for contrast
          Last edited by adtechniques; 08-01-2011, 10:41 PM.

Comment

cool. thanks y'all!

Comment

Working...
            X