How to change white to orange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to change white to orange

Does anyone know the right method to change a white swimsuit or t-shirt to dark orange color?

Re: How to change white to orange

A good way to keep all detail in the swimsuit is this. use your colour picker to select the orange you want if you want to be more specific with the colour then grab a hex chart from the web and input at the bottom of color picker the hex code to required shade. once done off the picker. now select a brush slightly soft to colour mode and paint in your swimsuit it will change whilst keeping full detail to the swimsuit.

Comment

Have you tried a gradient map?
      Regards, Murray

Comment

Originally posted by chinchillakilla View Post
        A good way to keep all detail in the swimsuit is this. use your colour picker to select the orange you want if you want to be more specific with the colour then grab a hex chart from the web and input at the bottom of color picker the hex code to required shade. once done off the picker. now select a brush slightly soft to colour mode and paint in your swimsuit it will change whilst keeping full detail to the swimsuit.
        In both RGB and CMYK colors go neutral as they approach white and black, so color mode would have little effect, particularly since it uses the hue and saturation of the applied color but preserves the luminosity of the underlying layer. A white anything will respond with little more than a pale orange in shadow areas and not much at all in highlights. Murray has it; gradient maps are the way to go. That way you preserve the relationship between lights and darks, but you shift the entire profile into the new color range, including luminosity values.

Comment

Another similar approach to gradient maps is to use a curves adjustment layer. Bring blue curve down on right to 0 and green down a tad to get whatever hue of orange you want. Bring blue back up to reduce saturation. A little harder yet maintains some original hue and sat variation Doing from memory on an iphone so hope I remembered this right

Comment