X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A look into my workflow

ProPhoto DPX workflow on vimeo

Hey guys,

I did this video a while back for another forum, just thought it might bring tips for others as well, so here goes.

I'm doing basic retouch operations for a photo and creating a sort of retro/painting out of it. I'm using a ProPhoto profile that's customized with a steep sigmoid curve, simulating a DPX profile. This gives a lot of headroom in the dark as well as high tones (you can crank up levels and it won't clip the over-exposed tones - same with the dark levels).

Enjoy!

Re: A look into my workflow

Nice effect. Where did you get all your bokeh and texture libraries? Did you take them yourself? purchase? download for free?

Thanks,
    Amy

Comment

I couldn't hear any sounds and couldn't see the menus, the fonts were too small. So I couldn't follow what you were doing. But I think you did a great job creating the final product.

Comment

By the way, do you make your ProPhoto PDX profile available? I'd like to try that technique, looks very interesting! Saw a description of it on your blog just now.

Comment

@Siciliana:

The textures are freely available on my deviantART page: http://loadus.deviantart.com/gallery/23580195

@RobertAsh:

Watch the video in HD, that way you'll see the menu's. And, sadly, there is no sound/commentary, this was originally just a recording of the workflow and not meant as a tutorial but I've had a few people commenting on how the video helped them to edit other pictures as well.

The profile is available at http://loadusfx.net/dc/ProPhoto DPX.icm

Comment

Thanks for sharing!

Amy

Comment

Working...
            X