Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Retouch- Feedback Greatly Appreciated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Retouch- Feedback Greatly Appreciated!

Hello!

I have just recently joined RetouchPRO. After producing music for the last decade or so, I decided to return to school @ the U of M to get a Graphic Design degree. I have recently taken a great interest in retouching, and I've been studying this art extensively for the last 3 months or so.

I found an online contest (Editable Photos), and decided to give it a shot. The image was provided by them. This is my first attempt at a beauty retouch. I would really appreciate feedback.

Lastly, I'd just like to mention how impressed I am with this site, and how all of you help each other out. You are awesome! It's really inspiring, not to mention helpful in the biggest way.

Image link:
    http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...reandAfter.jpg

Happy New Year!
    Mike

Re: First Retouch- Feedback Greatly Appreciated!

I just noticed I posted this in the wrong area. How do I delete a thread?!

Comment

I like it a lot. I think you did a really good job. Small critiques - perhaps somewhat subjective... I don't like the top right hair with the big swoop. Prefer some loose strands. If going to fill in with all dark tone, I would take it all the way out - no small corner of background -same with back left edge.

I would like to see some further work on the hand - right around the base of the heel area. Just smooth out a tad more.

I really like the skin tones. Makes her look more Asian - not sure if she is or if that was your intended outcome - but it really works.

Comment

Thank you! I really appreciate the feedback. The small critiques help me out. I may just rework a few things in those areas and see what I can come up with. I see what you're talking about, though.
        Yeah, I was trying to push the skin tone in that direction. I have no idea if she's Asian, but for some reason I thought going in that direction would enhance the image. It's great to hear that it worked on some level.
        Thanks!

Comment

Looks good! My advice would be to work on the lip line a bit more and straighten the eyeliner a bit :-). Great work tho!

Comment

very very nice work brother. keep it up

Comment

Aside from what has already been posted my only suggestion would be that you allowed the eyes to be darkened; if that was the intent then disregard my remark.
              If not intended I would suggest revisiting the eyes to either brighten the iris more, or at least return its original color levels.

Comment

Thanks again for the feedback, everyone!

@ FelineZegers: I see what you mean. As I become more and more familiar with retouching, I'm beginning to refine my eyes. I agree with both of your suggestions. Thanks!

@ Vernon: I totally missed that when I did this retouch. I have since gotten a new monitor, and the first time I looked at this retouch on it, I noticed that. I'm not sure what my deal was before, but that slipped by me somehow. Thanks for the great advice, though!

Comment