Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• delic
    replied
    my advice is to first clean the tones and balance the color in the whole image.. this is kinda like appying foundation, always the first step in makeup application

Get familar with using/creating your own brushes. shape dynamics/color dynamics, etc,etc

Color modes are key. .play with everything.. especially color/hue/sat/softlight/multiply

And research color science..

Here is my messing around thus far.. Maybe i'll add more makeup as an example since that's your interest..
    Attached Files
    Last edited by delic; 01-12-2006, 05:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Craig Walters
    replied
    jaz,

first off, congratulations on the wedding!

and second, i know you're purpose here is learning digital makeup, but i'd just like to point out one thing; it's not always about the makeup.

craig
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ebon_prowess
    replied
    Hey everyone

hey i saw your picture and i did a little editing on it(makeup)...im usually one who is inclined to makeup looks that are rather old. i usually get my inspiration from the 1930's-1960's and also something that really helped me is the book "The beauty of coloour" by Iman the most beautifull woman in the world....it deals with makeup looks for all skin types and tones and it helped me immensely in developing my makeup skils.....anyways for this picture i decided to go for full coverage in foundation(skin makeup) its and old thing hehe and some strong eye makeup as well....please leave your comments and tell me what you think

http://www.badongo.com/pic.php?file=...1_final2ee.jpg

Leave a comment:

• phili1
    replied
    Ok Jazz now I understand. I know its a retouch forum but I have a tendency to look at things as if I had to do a job for a customer. Retouch face color, clean up hair and blemishes. But I am now into Photo art as well so I also am learning a new tech.

I just saw an article in Pc Photo a plug in for Adobe from Digital LIght & color a new way of adjusting color on skin, eyes , haior etc. www.colormechanic.com

Again Have a great Honymoon.

Leave a comment:

• jaz
    replied
    Originally posted by phili1
    Have a nice honeymoon, and you have gotten alot of advise but why you would want to change the total look of such a good looking women.
    Because I'm trying to learn the photoshop techniques.
    This is a photoshop retouching forum, afterall!

Leave a comment:

• phili1
    replied
    Have a nice honeymoon, and you have gotten alot of advise but why you would want to change the total look of such a good looking women. Well to each his own. Anyway here is my two cents.

Slight adjsutment in curves to bring up highlights recolor the faces and crop and you have a high fasion picture. She has blonde hair why make it red. She has great eyes and lips, maby its me but she looks great as is.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jaz
    replied
    Great job guys. I'm on my honeymoon but I'll get back to you later! :-)

Leave a comment:

• Flora
    replied
    ...Like Vikki....just playing around ....

I tried a more 'dramatic' eye make up
    I applied a pink fard to Sande's cheeks
    I darkened the colour of her lipstick
    ...and slightly changed the colour of her hair....
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Vikki
    replied
    Playing around.......
    I removed some of her eye makeup to change it.
    I changed the overall shade of her makeup and hair from pink to copper.
    More experimenting.....
    Changed the hairstyle to frame her face more (rough cut and paste)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jakaleena
    replied
    I'll try to get a tutorial written, but can't promise that it will be soon since I've been pretty busy lately.

What I've done here is basically a combination of things from the tutorials on Retouching Acne and Colorization.

And honestly, the best tutorial for applying makeup is someplace like the Nordstrom Cosmetic Counter... I'd recommend going to a cosmetic counter where they will do your makeup/makeover in hopes of selling you some cosmetics and watch how the makeup is applied - that's exactly the way I learned to do it...

Leave a comment:

• jaz
    replied
    Wonderful! :-)

Would you consider doing a digital makeup tutorial?

I'd be interested in seeing the adjustment and various other layers to learn to better apply makeup.

Thanks for the detailed steps. Your work is wonderful.

Jaz
    Last edited by jaz; 12-04-2002, 07:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDCOIN
    replied
    Jakaleena ....

You really did an outstanding job with the eyes..... & hair. Thanks for those detailed steps. Am smiling, as I just know how hard that brush control is, used the healing brush to night for the first time. Pretty neat.

Leave a comment:

• Jakaleena
    replied
    I applied this makeup almost exactly the same as I would apply my own makeup in the morning... Which is also, BTW, the way I apply hand coloring to faces...

Perhaps thats' the key - I'm allowed (even expected) to know how to apply makeup and have been doing it since I begged my mom for "just a little blush and lipstick" when I was in the 7th grade...

Anyway, here's what I did:

1. Smoothed skin slightly using Dust & Scratches with the history brush to simulate foundation makeup effects

2. Defined edges of lips by cloning slightly and then painting in a bit of color on a new color layer(lip pencil)

3. Also on the color layer, enhanced pink/burgandy highlights on face and neck

4. Used blur tool on lips (original BG layer)

5. On a new normal layer, using a very low opacity (5% or less) and a very soft brush, painted on a bit of brown eyeshadow and some "lighter foundation" coloring under the eyes to smooth out the dark areas and added some light black "eyebrow pencil, mascara and eyeliner". I also gave her eyes a slight green tint.

6. To brighten the hair, I added a new Selective Color adjustment layer on top of everything. To Yellow (with relative selected), I added 10 magenta, 10 yellow and 10 black.

7. Flattened and sharpened with high pass set to 1

8. Smoothed skin a bit more using Gaussian Blur and the History Brush

9. Cloned out the second catchlight
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jaz
    replied
    Originally posted by pstewart
    Perhaps you accidentally had a different mode setting
    I used many different settings for that picture. The red hair layer that I liked the best was multiply mode. Did you see this picture? Each color was done in a different blend mode:

http://www.jackzucker.com/Photoshop/facesofsande.jpg

Thanks for the compliment. I'll tell Sande. I think she's afraid I'm turning her into a biker babe! LOL

http://www.jackzucker.com/images/sandetattoo.jpg

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Well, for some reason the hair looks "covered up" by the color...did you also adjust levels, curves and/or contrast?

At any rate, here is a comparison of what I got from the original (on the left) with brush set to color mode and some burning. Your version is on the right. You can see that the hair and eyes/irises shine and have detail on the left. Perhaps you accidentally had a different mode setting, since color mode would never cover up the hair detail as we see on the image at the right...unless the contrast had been reduced.

Phyllis
    Attached Files

Leave a comment: