Question on the coloring here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on the coloring here

I was looking at these image, s and wondering how they achieved the coloring in post. I appreciate your thoughts.

Image1

Image2

Thank you.

Re: Question on the coloring here

Paint dark red (like #66000) and blue (like #000066) with a big soft brush on a new layer set to Linear Dodge (Add) blend mode around the areas you want to colour. Use brush opacity of around 10%.

Comment

Thank you, oneredpanther.

Comment

Wow, thanks, that worked nicely. I'm trying to learn all these color techniques now that my retouching is where i want it.

Comment

On another note from that first picture. How do you get that unsaturated look in her slin without making it look to grey or unnatural?

Comment

There could be many ways to do that. I think what you're seeing, if you look at her face, is that she appears to be desaturated because the luminosity (brightness) is very high.

There are a thousand ways you could do this, but for a super-quick approximation you could duplicate the image on top of itself, set the top layer to Screen with an all-black layer mask and then paint back in the bits you want highlighted/whitened more extremely.

Alternatively, create a new Curves adjustment layer and bulge the RGB line upwards to increase the apparent exposure of the image. Again, make an all-black layer mask and then paint back in the bits you want.

Panth

Comment