X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro retoucher spills the beans

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...t-lie-all.html

Re: Pro retoucher spills the beans

What a revelation! (yes I am from the UK and yes that is sarcasm :p)

Comment

I wonder if the general public is aware of the exact degree of retouching that goes on? Perhaps that's why such articles are written and seem so sensational.

Comment

I can't seem to find this 'airbrushing' tool that the public keeps talking about.

Can someone help? I'm on CS6.

Comment

Select Brush tool. It's on the top menu, to the right of the Flow percentage (little airbrush symbol)

Comment

Originally posted by oneredpanther View Post
            I can't seem to find this 'airbrushing' tool that the public keeps talking about.

Can someone help? I'm on CS6.
            It's the one full of air like the article.

Comment

Can't tell if that's a real question or not! But I did find it ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by plugsnpixels View Post
                Select Brush tool. It's on the top menu, to the right of the Flow percentage (little airbrush symbol)
                OMG. I always thought that was just a throw back reference to film style retouching.
                The next question is, what does it do exactly?

Comment

Softer spray of paint, just like the real one. Popular in the '70s, I think, for "Keep on Truckin'" art and such.

Comment

*Yawn* you really mean to tell me that advertisements carry a superior production budget to editorial work? How should this surprise anyone? How should the lashes surprise anyone? I can draw perfect lashes from scratch. They'll only look weird if the lashes are sharp and the rest and the surrounding area is too soft. In the Julia Roberts one you're taking an obviously overdone image (too many people probably added comments, I wouldn't be surprised if an earlier revision looked more natural) and placing it next to a bad photo. I have plenty of snapshots that look better than the one on the left. Look at how flat the eyes look.

Given the Wireimage caption, it was probably a press image. They're basically a branch of Getty Images that handles a lot of the celebrity event coverage work. You can have any number of flashes going off in someone's face. It's not really what I'd call a natural photo. Photograph the same person on a normal day under natural light when they weren't out drinking the night before, and they'll look totally different. It's just that for the sensationalized pieces, you look for the most overdone retouching possible and place it next to a bad photo.

On a side note, how many times are different publications going to parrot each other with that same image comparison? On a second side note, the Daily Mail is not really a publication to be taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by kav View Post
                      ...the Daily Mail is not really a publication to be taken seriously.
                      Yeah, but where else can we find out what the celebrities and Royal Family are wearing this week-?

Comment

Originally posted by plugsnpixels View Post
                        Yeah, but where else can we find out what the celebrities and Royal Family are wearing this week-?
                        That's kind of funny. I only mentioned it as I don't think others from the US or just outside the UK are entirely familiar with the Daily Mail.

Comment

don't think others from the US or just outside the UK are entirely familiar with the Daily Mail
                          thank heavens for small mercies!, I shudder to think others may read the Daily Mail, of course if you did you wouldn't probably have the internet, through fear of it being a conduit of Al-Qaeda like activities

Comment

Good to see the Mail is still 20 years behind the times (like their readers). It's like pictures were never retouched before photoshop came along.

Comment

It could be worse, it could be the New York Post!

Comment