X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony W
    replied
    Re: Changing colour, but maintain texture

I would still prefer making this type of gross adjustment in Lab as described in the thread quoted above. In this case you will need to mask the area to change as it is so close to the flesh tones Blend if will not be successful.

Difficult to tell from the small image posted here how much texture in the original and of course going from a very light image to very dark will require some good curving in the L channel to retain the required amount of texture/detail - colour should be no problem though.

Attached quick play wait a few seconds for change to blue then black
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jklier
    replied
    Re: Changing colour, but maintain texture

Check out this thread which has extensive discussion on the topic: http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/pho...ng-colour.html

Leave a comment:

• stedders
    started a topic Changing colour, but maintain texture

Changing colour, but maintain texture

I will add the usual caveat, in that I appreciate that there is not a "model" answer but I would welcome to hear viewpoints.

My task is to recolour the model's top – from cream / beige to dark blue / black, but obviously I need to make sure I keep the texture.

Any help / suggestions gratefully received
    Attached Files

Related Topics

Collapse

• gladesman
    Sun Needs Texture.
    by gladesman
    This image is a blend of 4 images, none of which had any information in the sun. It is totally blown, and so I brushed some yellow into it.

I'm looking for a way to add texture so the sun won't just stay a pasty yellow. I tried adding noise, but didn't like it. Didn't seem natural. ...
    11-02-2010, 10:52 AM
  • figueline
    Darkroom texture ?
    by figueline
    Hello,

Where can I find this kind of texture ? And how can I achieve this effect ?
    Thanks......
    01-18-2011, 12:57 AM
  • lavega21
    First Attempt-Pic to Watercolor
    by lavega21
    Hi All,

I want to start learning how to make photos into oil paintings and watercolor. I follow a tut found here . The only thing is that I could not add the paper I do not know how to do step 45 with the plug in. Let me see what you think. Thanks....
    04-09-2010, 11:40 PM
  • iphotozz
    Really Bad texture
    by iphotozz
    Hi All

I need help I have an old photograph that my father scanned and sent me to touch up and restore. The photograph is basically in pretty good shape with the exception that there is a very heavy texture. I have tried both the FFT filter and the Really good tutorial that is...
    01-23-2009, 07:21 AM
  • midnitejam
    How Can I Keep Underlying Texture in a Superimposi
    by midnitejam
    I've seen composits of a gull with a deer's head, etc. How do they insert the deer's head and keep the gull's featherly texture rather than the texture of the deer's head
    Thanks
    11-30-2008, 12:48 PM
Working...
X