Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to get this skin tone

hi all,

skin tones are very difficult. Do you know how to achieve this look?

http://insivity.com/portfolio/velvet...ist-lara-jade/

cheers nico

Re: how to get this skin tone

good models, good lighting, patience

Comment

what are you on about heretic. ofcourse you need good models and good lighting. but posting patience is just one of those useless answers. atleast try and be helpful.

have you checked out laras creativelive 3 day workshop? her approach is actually rather simple. its possible this retouching was outsourced because its slightly more polished then alot of her work. but being a cover she may have just put more work into it.

the workshop covers her retouching techniques. not much in it for pros. but worth checking out if you like her style.

although i do agree with herectic on the models bit, i think its just basic retouching on really good models .

Comment

Technically, i would guess desaturating the skin after a full skin cleanup, adding a gradient map with a few light to dark points of skin color set to 'color' and reduce opacity - maybe duplicated again on softlight and masked in certain areas at low opacity. Just a guess.

Like the two above mentioned, good models are key and (as always) quality light.

Comment

Thanks for your responses. It would be great to visit one of laras workshops but Im from Germany and she is staying in NY, isn´t it?
          jbedford: thanks, i will try it!

Comment

This one as mentioned under J
            http://www.creativelive.com/courses/instructors

Comment

Originally posted by modelsfret View Post
              what are you on about heretic. ofcourse you need good models and good lighting. but posting patience is just one of those useless answers. atleast try and be helpful.

have you checked out laras creativelive 3 day workshop? her approach is actually rather simple. its possible this retouching was outsourced because its slightly more polished then alot of her work. but being a cover she may have just put more work into it.

the workshop covers her retouching techniques. not much in it for pros. but worth checking out if you like her style.

although i do agree with herectic on the models bit, i think its just basic retouching on really good models .
              Sorry, I was a bit short with the answer, chalk it up to a bad day at work.

I find to get this look it does require a really good image, so the photographer is really important, it is easy to clean up and create something beautiful with a good base. I use a lot of simple techniques, clone, heal and then do some split toning and a bit of gradient map to smooth the skin tones out. I try not to make it too complicated when retouching these images, sometimes the simple ways is the best.

Comment

you can buy the workshop on creativelive if you are interested its a 3 day video :
                www.creativelive.com

thanks for the input heretic. the more i think about it good models, good lighting, patience is probably the best answer.

Comment

What's start picture?

Comment

You won't get much in the retouching process by buying the video, it wasn't that inofrmative in the retouch phase. For this image she actually used one of her retouchers named Pratik Naik. If you search for him you will see this image. She's been having others retouch her work.

Comment

Aaand, you may ask the retoucher himself, if he is wiling to shed some light on the subject: http://www.solsticeretouch.com/

P.S.Yep, Patrik retouched it, he is also on MM.

Comment

What you need is understanding of basic lightning, good models and a great makeup artist, retouchbasics that are spread on this forum

Comment

Working...
                        X