extreme skin tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extreme skin tone

some of the skintones questioned here can be reproduced with a little trial and error but what about this one: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...346156&type=3? it's extreme. any ideas?
    Last edited by limelight; 12-08-2012, 12:48 PM.

Re: extreme skin tone

http://danieb.com/the-tanning-mom/ ;-)

Comment

hahaha, almost

Comment

wow.. maybe some kind of colour layer in soft light mode which had been masked

Comment

Maybe they're a "little" warm?

Comment

will someone try to achieve such a result and explain it?

Comment

Here's how I'd go about such a gig. 1. Makeup. 20 years ago or so I shot 3 models who were covered head to toe in gold makeup. The models' skins all broke out after about an hour but I imagine body makeup would be much better now. 2. Soft even lighting as close up as I can. This will give deeper shadows but softer tone gradation in the diffused highlights through the edge transfer. 3. Smooth the skin, sharpen eyes, etc in PS.

Comment

It sort of looks like that the image was multiplied, blended at multiply, opened the shadows of the top layer through image>adjustments>shadows/highlights, and then the skin was selected and the selection was used as a mask for a warm curve.

To me it isn't quite as strong as I would like it to be in order to look intentional.

Comment