Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving jpg

Hi there,

I use PhotoShop CS3 and usually work with 100mb, 16 bit RGB scanned files, saved as tif. I'm also using XP Pro, sp3.

I want to create some canvas prints for Christmas gifts and the web based printers need 8bit, sRGB, jpg files. No problems there. Assign a new profile and boost the colours a bit, reduce to 8 bit and save as a jpg.

But, and here is the thing, when the PS Save As box opens in Explorer and I select the format as jpg, I get a message saying that the file already exists and do I want to overwrite it? Well, it does not exist; if I select No, I'm back to the unsaved image; if I select Yes, an icon for the image appears in Bridge, but there is no file extension and it will not open.

However, if I change the Save As box to 'Use Adobe Dialog', I can save the file as a jpg.

This has only recently happened and I would rather save within the Explore dialog box, as I have always done in the past.

Grateful for any suggestions,

Thanks

Rex

Related Topics

Collapse

• Carol Heath
    Unable to save file as jpeg? Totally baffled
    by Carol Heath
    Hi everyone.

I am hoping that someone can offer some suggestions. I have finished a restoration and, as always, I have created a lower res, watermarked copy to email to my client for approval. For some reason however, Photoshop (CS2) will not allow me to save the file as a jpeg. The...
    01-18-2010, 06:04 PM
  • SymbolPhoto
    Converting 16bit to 8bit
    by SymbolPhoto
    Hello All,

We just recently started to shoot with a Hasselblad and the files are converted to 16bit Tiffs. We put them through photoshop doing our usual thing and then convert to JPG which means we have to go from 16 to 8bits.

Is there a preferred method of doing this?...
    09-28-2010, 11:49 AM
  • BBE
    Saving jpg in Elements 5
    by BBE
    I am new to Elements 5 and this forum so hope that someone can help please. If I open an RAW file (Nikon .NEF) everything works well until I want to save the finished result as a .jpg file. "Save as" gives me a list of extensions but not JPEG i.e. *.jpg. It does give me the option of JPEG...
    05-08-2007, 11:55 AM
  • Doug Nelson
    JPG loss 600x
    by Doug Nelson
    Open an image, save as JPG.
    Open that JPG, save again with slightly different compression.
    Repeat 599 more times

http://hadto.net/category/sketchbook/generation-loss
    03-23-2009, 01:20 AM
  • KTG
    No extensions
    by KTG
    I have been working with some rather large files, but when I go to Save As
    and save as a tiff or jpeg it does not add the extension .tif or .jpg.

I went into Preferences and I have Append File Extension -----Always
    and Use Lower Case checked.

Another odd...
    12-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Working...
X