Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

finding right brightness for print output?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finding right brightness for print output?

Hi,

when i am editing a photo for a client i always am afraid the brightness is too dark for print. Is there a good way to make sure my output is best for print concerning brightness/dullness without losing quality?

thanks
    Bart
    3d modeling, product render, realistic rendering, 3D, CGI, beeldbewerking,

Re: finding right brightness for print output?

- Calibrate your monitor
    - Use proper color management throughout your workflow
    - make sure your output file matches the ICC profile of your printer / print service
    - soft proof your output on your monitor
    - spot check the actual pixel values in key areas of your image. The numbers never lie
    Cheers, Murray

Comment

Comment

Ultimately, if the file is headed for press final assessments should be made from a press proof. Find a service bureau and have them make one for you. You'll get a good sense for how closely your monitor/calibration, etc, is able to represent real output.

Not saying you slavishly adjust the monitor to the print, but it will give you an indication of how close you presently are, and where work needs to be put. Without judging against a calibrated output you're just guessing where you stand.

Comment

Guess. Then blame the printer.

Works 60% of the time every time.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Gerald McClaren
            How to print exactly what seen on monitor
            by Gerald McClaren
            I have an Epson R800 photo printer. The Compaq monitor is approximately ten years old. The problem I'm having is that I'm not printing what I had seen on my monitor. For example, I'm enlarging a flower and I had used the curves adjustment layer to brighten up this flower. The flower looks bright...
            10-24-2006, 09:33 PM
          • Michael Smith
            Print Preview problem in PS CS2
            by Michael Smith
            I have a LaCie 22" monitor which I calibrate and custom profile with a Monaco OPTIX-xr colorimeter and print on an Epson R2400 printer. Steep learning curve! I've gone to a lot of trouble and expense to get my color management just right and I'm almost there. My prints are just sightly darker...
            02-01-2006, 09:52 AM
          • mantra
            help to get great prints in a pro studio lab
            by mantra
            hi

what do I need to print in a pro studio lab?

do i need the profile of the paper or/and the colors (used by the machine used for the print) ?

is a must must i install these profile in my os?

or is enough use photoshop ? (proof setup...
            04-29-2012, 12:44 AM
          • bigkidjr
            New monitor, now my colors don't print right
            by bigkidjr
            hey you guys. I'm hoping someone might be able to help me. About a month or so ago, I got a new flat screen LCD monitor. The colors are sharp and bright, and the monitor is otherwise a pleasure. Only problem is, now whenever I create a new photo art portrait, it looks great on the screen but the colors...
            11-20-2005, 04:36 AM
          • mrdinh
            color calibration monitor
            by mrdinh
            i cal my monitor...the colors look slightly diff then the default from apple but the brightness still does not match my prints from the local lab....

help please...also i will include more info as needed

thanks

hardware:apple 30" lcd, spyderpro
            08-21-2008, 11:05 AM
          Working...
          X