Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China Mieville (Author)

Hi Guys,

One of my favourite authors of all time who I had a photo-shoot with recently:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8095/8...cf145f18_b.jpg

Post processed in CS6.

Read all about him here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Mi%C3%A9ville

Or even better read one of his books.

Cheers,

Matt

Re: China Mieville (Author)

Nice photograph. I would think he was pleased with it.
    I've read a number of his books. Some are brilliant about 2/3 through and then lose their punch near the end, for me at least. My favorites would be King Rat, Perdido Street Station, and Kraken.
    Tom

Comment

Since it's a retouching forum would you like to share your ps processing method / workflow? Nice portrait.

Comment

Great shot,...to me, the vains in the eyes need some work.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• seedomo
          A little different, Time, Fortune... retouching men.
          by seedomo
          Well it's my first post here. I am an assistant/retouching in NYC and work primarily for magazines like Time, Fortune, Premiere, Oprah, New Yorker. Mostly we shoot powerful men. I've learned many new techniques as I've paged through the many posts. There isn't a lot of retouching shown for men, especially...
          10-22-2007, 12:42 PM
        • Doug Nelson
          The Gathering Storm
          by Doug Nelson
          As a relatively apolitical American, my knowledge of Winston Churchill is limited to a few soundbites and anecdotes. As such, I have no way of knowing how true The Gathering Storm is...but I hope it's very true.

The movie, a made for HBO film (but should be available to rent soon), opens...
          05-05-2002, 11:23 PM
        • Florin
          The greatest professional satisfaction
          by Florin
          Hello dear friends.
          I want to share this with all of you and also dedicate to Retouch Pro community this moment who bring me the greatest satisfactions since I´ve been working as a restorer.
          The past days I was writig to Dr. Russell Brown, one of the most prominence authority of Adobe...
          04-25-2010, 02:23 PM
        • lkroll
          Incredible kite flying.
          by lkroll
          Got this one in an email; just too fantastic to not share so I share with you all.

The man flying the 3 kites is in his 80s, and he's from Canada. He comes to the Washington State International Kite Festival every year. His skin is like leather as he normally flies with his shirt...
          03-30-2017, 06:50 PM
        • theautochthon
          Books/Resources for Improving Workflow?
          by theautochthon
          So, I'm in the midst of my first freelance gig and I've noticed my workflow isn't up to speed a lot of the time. I'm pretty sure I could be doing most tasks in less time/steps through a more efficient and better informed use of Photoshop. While I'm fairly capable, I'm obviously not very experienced...
          08-04-2009, 02:47 PM
        Working...
        X