Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to get the yellow-tint look of the picture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to get the yellow-tint look of the picture?

Hi, i'm a photography hobbyist. Recently I've come across some wedding photographers that have this yellow-tint look on their photos. They're not as extreme as the "vintage/sepia" look, but they're noticeably more yellow than the normal bright, cheerful colors I've seen so much in wedding photos.

The example is "http://www.amelialyon.net/weddings/".

my question is how to get this cheerful yellow style?

thanks in advance.

Re: how to get the yellow-tint look of the picture

You could use a photo filter. Apply the yellow you would like and toggle the strength.
    Last edited by PastBCPresent; 04-27-2013, 10:25 AM. Reason: misread the request.

Comment

Use a color balance or hue saturation adjustment layer.

Comment

Originally posted by PastBCPresent View Post
        You could use a photo filter. Apply the yellow you would like and toggle the strength.
        i tried it, it's like adding a yellow mask and make the picture fuzzy. The example picture is clear.

Comment

Originally posted by turtle527 View Post
          i tried it, it's like adding a yellow mask and make the picture fuzzy. The example picture is clear.
          You are right, I just tried it. More of a mask effect. As was mentioned earlier hue/saturation had a better effect. Selective color had some effect. Maybe a combination of the two might get you what you are looking for. In your examples I think a lot of it came from the lighting style used to take the photographs.

Comment

Apply Curves in Color mode. Pull down the right end of the blue curve to taste. You may also want to push the red end just a little to the left. Save as a Curves preset. You might also have to desaturate some to tame the reds.

Ronny

Comment

Originally posted by turtle527 View Post
              Hi, i'm a photography hobbyist. Recently I've come across some wedding photographers that have this yellow-tint look on their photos. They're not as extreme as the "vintage/sepia" look, but they're noticeably more yellow than the normal bright, cheerful colors I've seen so much in wedding photos.

The example is "http://www.amelialyon.net/weddings/".

my question is how to get this cheerful yellow style?

thanks in advance.

Looks like those shots are strictly out of VSCO Lightroom Presets.

Comment