• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gratin
    replied
    Re: keyboard shortcut for Levels/curves

Originally posted by Flashtones View Post
    The only problem is that you then can't run curves and levels on your masks, which can be useful. (Or, not without creating new shortcuts for that.) So instead I make an action for my most used adj layers and assign them a hot key. Curves = F1, HSL = F2, Sel Col = F3, etc.

That way I have the default shortcuts to run directly on masks and hot keys for adjustment layers.
    Best way IMO. You'll still need the ability to create a baked Curve or Levels and I think it's good practice to just get used to default shortcuts, that way it's the same no matter what computer you jump on and your workflow isn't impeded.

Leave a comment:

• kyleb
    replied

Oh ok, good idea

Leave a comment:

• Flashtones
    replied

The only problem is that you then can't run curves and levels on your masks, which can be useful. (Or, not without creating new shortcuts for that.) So instead I make an action for my most used adj layers and assign them a hot key. Curves = F1, HSL = F2, Sel Col = F3, etc.

That way I have the default shortcuts to run directly on masks and hot keys for adjustment layers.

Leave a comment:

• kyleb
    replied

Yes! awesome, you saved me time

Leave a comment:

• Flashtones
    replied

Yes:

Menu>Edit>Keyboard Shortcuts

Then:

Layer>New Adjustment Layer, and enter your keyboard shortcuts overriding the default.

Leave a comment:

• kyleb
    started a topic keyboard shortcut for Levels/curves

keyboard shortcut for Levels/curves

quick question here.

So, Command L = Levels
    Command M = Curves

But these shortcut commands apply only to the layer you are on and don't create a stand alone layer like going to adjustments and choosing levels and/or curves.

is there a way I can change this so when I click Command L, I get a Levels layer by itself etc?

thanks Kyle