Resize for _Print

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resize for _Print

I have an old photo which will now be published in a small local magazine. I don't have much experience with prints... I could use some help here:

They asked me in the format:

21.5 cm x 28 cm (something like 8.5 x 11 inches by approximation).

I have the following now:

Width: 15.85 cm
    Height: 23.78 cm
    Resolution: 600 pixels/inch

I need to increase Width to reach a minimum of 21,5 cm.

How can I achieve this without causing any damage to image quality?

Thanks

Re: Resize for _Print

They wont print it at 600 dpi. Printready files are usually at 300 DPI. So just resize the image (change 600 -> 300) and the size should jump up. Hence you'll have enough size there.

If not, you can kind of safely upsize images to about 140%, so even that way you're good.

Good luck.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• David M
      DPI? Fuji s5600 settings
      by David M
      Hi all I`m using potoshop cs2,and taking my photos on a fuji s5600 5.1 million pixel camera in normal mode.
      When I start to work on the photo`s I reduce there size to 6x4inches and set the resolution to 432dpi,when I print them out they are sharp and clear.
      What I want to know is what...
      09-04-2006, 05:58 PM
    • timmy1729
      Resolution affect print size?
      by timmy1729
      I have a picture of me and my brother that I fixed up. It was a polaroid from 1979 and wasn't that big to begin with. Not knowing what I was doing, I scanned it at 600 dpi thinking that it would allow me to print it as at least a 4x6. Well, I started setting it to print last night in Photoshop CS3 and...
      08-14-2008, 08:20 AM
    • photogdude
      Help needed with sizing in p-shop
      by photogdude
      it's kinda technical.

i need to print an 8x10 and 4x6 of some images at what the image is at a 100 Percent zoom level.

it has to be fairly accurate

whats the math to do that?

i can't post examples, cause of privacy, I'm hope i explained it...
      11-22-2011, 09:52 PM
    • Cumbrian
      Small Photo: Can a 1"x1" image be enlarged?
      by Cumbrian
      I have a Photo i would like to try and restore,but this photo is only one inch square.can i enlarge this in Photoshop CS2 to give me something bigger to work with,i hope i am in the right forum with this.Thank You.Cumbrian
      10-09-2006, 04:49 AM
    • santoro80
      Image resizing vs image resampling
      by santoro80
      When should check or uncheck the "resampling" option in image size dialog box? If I'm chaning the document size for the print I should uncheck the resampling option, right?
      09-05-2011, 12:20 PM
    Working...
    X