Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• threshold or something else

I need some help with a project:

I have a picture like this one: Nissa Juke and i want to look like one of others pictures that i've upload here.

I want to make it all black and put on a white background. I want to see the details like: tires, lights, windshield etc. This will be a diagram/scheme for every car, not for a specific one.

I've try with threshold but i loose allot of details or i'm doing something wrong.

Hope u can understand and sorry for my english. Thanks!
    Attached Files

Re: thresold or something else

These artistic renderings aren't really my thing, I'm sure others will do better, but here's some glowing edges w/ a touch of sumi-e:
    Attached Files

Comment

Try this....http://www.photoshopbuzz.com/change-...-line-drawing/

Comment

Here you are:
        Car drawing!
        Attached Files

Comment

thanks!!!

I also need an explanation of how you have made changes. The nissan Juke picture is just a demo, not my picture.

Comment

Of course you lose some detail. These things are just doing math under the hood. Clever developers try to align this math with the desires of as many people as possible within a certain delta. You are going to have to make a call on what point is good enough for the initial round before proceeding to manual cleanup. To get perfect behavior, you would probably have to program it yourself. Good luck with Adobe's APIs.

If it was me, I would probably get annoyed with the results and end up redrawing it from scratch using whatever rough brush tip or custom tip approximated the texture with the least work.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• kathleen
              perspective and color question re composite
              by kathleen
              would sure appreciate some thoughts on how to make the old car look like it belongs there. not sure about color, and i think it needs the ps equiv of cutting the steering wheel to the left, and nudge the backend in some. what do you think? something looks wrong, don't know just what.
              06-26-2003, 03:04 AM
            • RPS13
              Help edit my car
              by RPS13
              Hi all,

Always wondered what my car would look like with the late model Kouki Type X rear lights.
              I've just been offered a straight swap and its very tempting, so can anyone please edit my car with the late model lights.
              Can you please do 2 edits, one leaving the RPS13 center...
              04-12-2006, 06:25 AM
            • sjlarue
              I Need help With using one picture to replace the color of a car.
              by sjlarue
              This is my first post and really my first visit to this Forum and if this has been hashed before please direct me.

I want to take a picture of a car and remove the paint and replace it With a picture of lightning that I have. All I have been able to do is just a mask that looks like...
              08-31-2007, 12:32 PM
            • GOLGO-13
              airbrushed look for cars
              by GOLGO-13
              hello,
              my first post, so i hope it's in the right place!

i've been looking all over the web for a tutorial on airbrushing or retouching car photos. there are several examples of the type of airbrushing i'm talking about at lexus.com. following are two links to pages where the...
              07-23-2006, 06:18 AM
            • Doug Nelson
              Vanity Plates
              by Doug Nelson
              I'm picking up my new (to me) car tomorrow. Some, especially my fellow Americans, might find it hard to believe that its been almost 15 years since I last owned a car. Anyway, I briefly toyed with the idea of getting personalized license plates (vanity plates) that would be relevant to RP and my career...
              02-20-2005, 03:24 PM
            Working...
            X