Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• image analysis

Sorry for the title.

I wanted to ask a question to other retouchers.

before i ask , I want to know how you look at a picture and define it? if you were ever a musician or recording engineer then you will understand this. In other words back in the day when i listened to music I studying the music. I deconstructed everything- reverse engineered everything. tones are like hertz. tints are like hi frequencies of luminosity lol (disagree whatever)

just having fun here.

lately, i have been taking pictures and deconstructing them. I will make a chart or list of identifiable elements. for example: I start with compostion., shadows and highlights, color and focus. I write them down! Everyday I wil do this for 10 pics! if you want to be really want to be awesome at it you wil do more.
    every retoucher needs to become a photographer!!!

Re: image analysis

what do you look for in a photo?

Comment

Re: image analysis

sorry for the grammar problens in the first post.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• ezprod
        Something is missing from this image...
        by ezprod
        Ok so I have this image I shot for a band and I really like it. Its fun, different the lighting creates a great dynamic and contrast. I have done a couple "things" to the pic so far, but I am wondering what other people would do if they had a chance. Grunging it up, desaturating, adding noise,...
        03-09-2010, 03:02 PM
      • garfield
        what is the perfect picture?
        by garfield
        HI! I don't know where I should put this so if this wrong place please delete and tell me where properly to place it. PLease teach me more of photoshop because i really want to learn but such as student in a college we don't have much time to spend reading books. sorry for the inconvenience.
        06-15-2002, 03:43 PM
      • cyberphonics
        Do you judge by the befores or the afters?
        by cyberphonics
        Greetings all! Just curious about opinions on this and I figured that retouchers would be more familiar with and have had more access to the Befores than the general public who typically only sees the Afters.
        1. When you (personally) say that someone is a great photographer, are you basing that
        01-09-2011, 04:09 PM
      • skoobey
        Terminology, terminology. Is it retouch or edit?
        by skoobey
        Ah, another client that called me "image editor". It is both funny and sad.

So why do so many people don't know what they're looking for?

Image editor=retoucher, graphic editor=illustrator. Where did they hear of this "editor" position when it is them...
        07-14-2016, 10:03 PM
      • freezehead
        How to decide a "look" for a photo
        by freezehead
        Hi everyone,
        I am a newbie and starting to take my steps into retouching land. I read many threads and learned a lot of thing from experts here. I want to asks you guys a question: how do you decide a "look" for a photo, for example, why you make the photo look vintage, or make it warm...
        11-06-2011, 12:36 AM
      Working...
      X