No announcement yet.

Cleaning one color uniform background ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning one color uniform background ?

Hello there,

I have to clean the background of a 100+ images and I am looking for best way to approach this.
    I am attaching a simple image of what I do know , but I do not like the results very much. Do you have an idea how I could get more uniform background?

before01.jpg

after01.jpg

Larger images :
    before
    after

What I do is cleaning the bigger uneven parts with Patch tool, then run Median filter on separate layer and add noise. Finally, I mask out the person.

Thanks

Re: Cleaning one color uniform background ?

After running quick retouching action on the legs, I used a second split frequency action to correct the background.
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Cleaning one color uniform background ?

I use Dust and Scratches filter or plugin called Portraiture to do this. Portraiture is similar to the split frequency action. What I like about it is that it doesnt blur the edges of the person (like gaussian blur etc.).

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Bloodnok
        Can this be rescued?
        by Bloodnok
        Photo here

I think the problem should be obvious - is there any way to bring out the statues and/or de-emphasise the background? I should say that I had pretty much Hobson's choice in the positioning and timing of this shot - passing through early afternoon (harsh light) and not much...
        12-06-2006, 03:36 PM
      • VinnyC01
        Blackening background
        by VinnyC01
        This seems like an easy task ... but I just cannot get it right.

Would you mind taking your shots and posting results/ideas. I am not asking for free work, just love to see a few ideas and some strategies:

Larger files link:http://tinyurl.com/3chb39

Attached...
        03-05-2008, 09:05 PM
      • LoopyChicken
        Retouching this background...
        by LoopyChicken
        I'm having a hard time getting a consistent, non "splotchy" background on this picture. I'm hoping someone can provide some instruction on how I could go about replacing the background, or retouching it.

Thanks!...
        02-22-2007, 09:24 PM
      • Angela9
        uniform background and printing
        by Angela9
        Hi,

I'm new here - I've been lurking and learning for a while in this great forum. I could use some advice with an image I'm working on.

I've already done major repair work on this image, but I'm stuck with the background:

What can I do to the background...
        04-10-2007, 03:42 PM
      • hongkongblue
        How do I smooth out my background?
        by hongkongblue
        Hey guys,

Having an issue with getting a nice smooth background on my portraits. For my workflow, I mask in a gaussian blur filter at 89 radius, but I obviously can't get to close to the edges of my subject or I will get that bleeding blur from them. How do I do this properly? ...
        03-27-2016, 05:22 AM
      Working...
      X