Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How-to get Bêtes De Mode by Helm look (RGB Split?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How-to get Bêtes De Mode by Helm look (RGB Split?)

Hey guys,

I've been trying to figure out a way to achieve this look using photoshop but so far no success. Does anybody know how to do it?

http://photovide.com/btes-de-mode-helmo/
    Attached Files

Re: How-to get Bêtes De Mode by Helm look (RGB Spl

What specifically are you having trouble with? Post your initial results. The colored gel thing suggests they were using polarized light there as one would for dealing with stereoscopic content. Anyway I assume you want a blue and red image? Channel mixer. Zero out red and green channels. Feed them back into blue and mess with the ratio. For the overlay image you need to basically do the same thing with red. The transparency is just alpha. You can fade it to the level of highest opacity on the super imposed image, then use layer masks to fade specific parts further.

Comment

There is nothing really about this. two images, one blue tint the other is red tint, some blending mode, Done!

Comment

I agree with Aladdin the two objects compare two One picture per drag and drop
        The colours you can Change with the channel mixer ..the objects in front of a black background and with the blending mode "screen" the black disappears and the two Images are together
        Just play a little Bit

Comment

Hey guys,

Thanks for the help, I think I'm getting there, I tried what you suggested real quick and this is what I got (please ignore the poor quality, I didn't have time to do a proper background extraction).

Breaking down, what've done was:

-Duplicate Layer

-Adjustment Layer Channel Mixer (leave only the red color)

-Adjustment Layer Channel Mixer (leave only the blue color)

-Set the top layer to Screen blending mode.

-Some hue/saturation to fix the final colors.

Now my next goal is to play around and do something like the hero image on the Rdio's website ( http://www.rdio.com ).

I'm not sure if it is the same process.
          Attached Files

Comment

Wow really good

Comment

Working...
            X