Removing bust and necklace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing bust and necklace

Sorry to post so much being a new user in such a short span of time guys!

However, here is my question.

I am running through processing and retouching a bunch of images and I've gotten into a problem I get into sometimes when I am trying to remove a unwanted skin area or piece of the landscape and there just isn't enough material around it to clone into it, if that makes any sense.

I've tried the patch tool, the clone tool, and even just brushing over it but nothing seems to look convincing enough.

The client wants the subject's cleavage/necklace removed in place of smooth skin. I've been tinkering with this one task for an hour and it is really disrupting my work flow so I thought I'd post again and see if you vets had any ideas. It is likely just an amateur mistake that I'm making....

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated guys.
    Attached Files

Re: Removing bust and necklace

her skin is none to flattering however you approach it. my advice would be to copy/paste/blend the green shirt into that space instead. Just be sure to maintain and extend the shadow on the right side.

Comment

This is kind of a bad photo. I would approach it by giving the shirt a higher neckline. Otherwise you will literally be painting skin and softer curvature from scratch It is not fun and not necessarily a great idea over such a large area. I've had to deal with this kind of thing before. It's never fun. Sometimes you don't have much material to work with. It may not end as a portfolio piece, but if someone signs off and is happy with the work, that is a win.

Comment

you do have patches of skin above the sweater on either side of the necklace that could be use, mask and make sure you have shadows where they should be ... I am with the others though the simplest is to pull up the shirt

Comment

A mixture of clone, patch, content aware fill, healing brush.
          Attached Files

Comment

Copied, pasted, transformed, masked a piece from her cheek in place of cleavage.. then added a shadow.... cloned the necklace above the neckline
            Attached Files

Comment

I have to agree with flashtones that her skin is not very flattering. I cloned the lower sweater to fill in that area. Here is an example of what doing that looks like.
              Attached Files

Comment

I used the healing brush tool.
                Then the Mixer brush tool (Light mix) about 10% on almost all.

Use a few layers: then back the layers off --- to make her look like
                her age but better!
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Cupcake View Post
                  I used the healing brush tool.
                  Then the Mixer brush tool (Light mix) about 10% on almost all.

Use a few layers: then back the layers off --- to make her look like
                  her age but better!
                  Hmmm this isn't bad! I'm going to try it. Only prob is I have instructions to remove the bottom piece of the necklace with fake diamond or whatever that is on the bottom. Hopefully it all still works.

Comment

Originally posted by 0lBaldy View Post
                    Copied, pasted, transformed, masked a piece from her cheek in place of cleavage.. then added a shadow.... cloned the necklace above the neckline
                    This is what a lot of my attempts were looking like, starting to get a bit too blurry to be acceptable if you know what I mean.

Originally posted by CarolB View Post
                    I have to agree with flashtones that her skin is not very flattering. I cloned the lower sweater to fill in that area. Here is an example of what doing that looks like.
                    This works too!!! I wonder if I could get away with it...

Comment