Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some thoughts about this skin retouching..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some thoughts about this skin retouching..

Hello all!
    I won't call it beauty retouching as it is just a part of her face. I found this pic while searching some files to practice retouching. I just gave it a try. I confess that this is not just d&b, several shortcuts used in it. Please let me know what you feel about it. Thanks!

-Surya Puranik

https://imageshack.com/a/img854/135/8rtd.jpg

Re: Some thoughts about this skin retouching..

I think it's a good start, I would try to smooth out her nose a bit more and maybe just lessen the grain a bit

Comment

Originally posted by DevKevin View Post
      I think it's a good start, I would try to smooth out her nose a bit more and maybe just lessen the grain a bit
      I think the "grain" is an added noise.

Comment

Originally posted by chillin View Post
        I think the "grain" is an added noise.
        Agreed they should take it out

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions DevKevin and Chillin.. Will try to take out the grain.

Comment

Looking really good. You've taken a bit of the shadow away from the neck/jaw line. I'd burn some of it back. Agree with the others about the nose.

Comment

I like this retouching. Curious as to how long it takes to do that. Seems time consuming, but well worth it, after some minor adjustments.

Chance

Comment

Well... to be honest it looks like you removed the texture with a Dust N Scratches filter or something similar and than brought the texture back in with some kind of overlay mode technique. I say this because uniformly you left every little hair exactly where it was, but only slightly faded which is the trademark of an overall filter.

If you want to be good... you need to go inch by inch and remove all the blemishes, THEN the hair... THEN dodge and burn, THEN finish.

It looks nice, but it would definitely be sent back by every art director on the planet for being to retouched... even for an ad...

don't be lazy! take the time to retouch!!!

Conrad

Comment

Imagonemic Portraiture is my guess for the plugin/filter used.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashtones View Post
                    Imagonemic Portraiture is my guess for the plugin/filter used.
                    Yes, I've used Imagenomic Portraiture, so your guess is right Flashtones But much more manual work too.. Will try to lessen the noise next time..

Comment

Originally posted by heyrad View Post

If you want to be good... you need to go inch by inch and remove all the blemishes, THEN the hair... THEN dodge and burn, THEN finish.
                      I had almost forgotten people actually do that. It's puzzling here too. None of those hairs are difficult to remove and she has decent skin.

Comment