Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick knight

Hello everyone.

I was wondering how those colours, almost graphic feel of the image was achieved?

http://www.myportiswaspsays.com/2012...night-for.html

Thank you all!

P x

Re: Nick knight

Just a guess but I'd say he makes them BW, then hand paints them on a color mode layer.

Comment

I'm friends with one of Nick's previous assistants. Much of his work is real paper-and-paint artwork that's been chopped up, scanned and composited. Not everything is photoshop and blend modes.

Comment

Originally posted by oneredpanther View Post
        I'm friends with one of Nick's previous assistants. Much of his work is real paper-and-paint artwork that's been chopped up, scanned and composited. Not everything is photoshop and blend modes.
        Unless all his work is done that way (it's not), Photoshop is as good a guess as any. Did you happen to notice how transformed some of those models are?

Regardless, whether he does it analog or digital, the principles of hand coloring are the same.

Comment

Nick Knight would be a great name for a character in Boogie Nights.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• SeFu
            Learning Digital Art
            by SeFu
            I recently discovered some wonderful digital artists.
            One of them is Dave Mckeany.
            (http://www.dreamline.nu/)

I would love to learn the techniques required for creating pieces similar to his.
            I paint and draw but am new to digital programs so I am pretty lost when...
            03-10-2003, 02:29 PM
          • JBarrymore
            Nick Knight
            by JBarrymore
            Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know where the photographer Nick Knight gets his retouching done, or if he does it himself?

Thanks,
            Jonathan.
            02-22-2011, 07:12 AM
          • Aether
            Demystification of Tonal Ranges
            by Aether
            Okay, people here may give me a hard time for asking a stupid question, but I wanted to throw this out to people a lot better schooled in color correction than me. I've attached a few pics from Nick Onken, and a comparison of one by Joey L and Diego Verges, I think they're both related to my question....
            04-05-2011, 03:25 PM
          • KenB
            Powerful Images
            by KenB
            I'm quite sure most everyone here understands how powerful an image can be. I thought it might be interesting to know about images anyone has seen that truly touched them, changed their mind about an issue, made them cry, made them laugh.. etc.
            Mine is attached, this one completley changed my...
            09-16-2002, 07:37 PM
          • G. Couch
            Question about nepotism...
            by G. Couch
            Anyone here a lawyer or Human Resources expert?

My younger brother has become involved in a rather suspect situation where he works. He is a CNA at a local retirement home and recently the home decided to hire 2 CNA supervisors. At first he was not going to apply, given that he has less...
            10-01-2002, 11:45 PM
          Working...
          X