Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can someone help me how to achieve this look..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• klev
    replied
    Re: can someone help me how to achieve this look..

Originally posted by Tareq View Post
    I don't know what is so special there, but first fixed a background, i think he was using a gray one and gel maybe, then place a model after proper make-up, then say a beauty-dish on the light top one, and use a reflector for underneath, then photoshop editing is all the key after you get all the results, and i am sure you ask for Photoshop processing, but without first setup then even with Photoshop you won't get best out of it.
    There are some mistakes that give it away. Even if they weren't there, anyone you ask would do at least a portion of that background in photoshop. You wouldn't get both that distribution and palette in camera. What I call mistakes are why the hair is a bit greyish in spots. It was influenced by a white backdrop. It can be difficult to get it just right, but there are spots where I think color correction would have been appropriate.

Leave a comment:

• skoobey
    replied

Tareq, I would disagree.

It's a white seamless backdrop, blue tint is added in photoshop.

Backdrop is lit with a beauty dish, or a small softbox.

Model is lit with a huge light source from the front/above.

Fill comes from the seamless itself, perhaps a couple of bounces left and right, as the main light is not close to the model, and there is plenty of reflection.

Some of the images have additional side lights via softbox.

Now, that is lighting.

Costumes, make up and harajuku looks are all there, so no PS for those.

On many skin is desaturated, you do that by masking and desaturating it.

Blue shade of the backdrop is done by selecting it, and making a curve in blue channel

And I notice that WB is set to cool/blue, rather than neutral.

Leave a comment:

• Tareq
    replied

I don't know what is so special there, but first fixed a background, i think he was using a gray one and gel maybe, then place a model after proper make-up, then say a beauty-dish on the light top one, and use a reflector for underneath, then photoshop editing is all the key after you get all the results, and i am sure you ask for Photoshop processing, but without first setup then even with Photoshop you won't get best out of it.

Leave a comment:

• planettabrez
    started a topic can someone help me how to achieve this look..

can someone help me how to achieve this look..

http://www.rouvre.com/en/gallery/5/cosplay
Working...
X