No announcement yet.

Clone Tool Question- Clone color only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clone Tool Question- Clone color only?

Can the clone stamp tool only clone color rather than detail/pattern of the source area?

Re: Clone Tool Question- Clone color only?

On the low frequency layer.

Comment

Originally posted by ylwdog View Post
      Can the clone stamp tool only clone color rather than detail/pattern of the source area?
      Sure. Select the clone tool, then set it's mode (on the options bar, next to Opacity and Flow) to Color.

Comment

You can even do it without the split, and you can do it on another layer on top of the split. Just set the layer blending mode to color, and stamp set to normal, sampling current and bellow.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashtones View Post
          Sure. Select the clone tool, then set it's mode (on the options bar, next to Opacity and Flow) to Color.
          I use this technique countless times, it's a real lifesaver.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• cbmaly
            Clone Stamp Tool
            by cbmaly
            Hi is there anyway to lock it to a certain color and just keep that color. Cause when your clicking the cross moves around can you just keep the cross on one color for the whole time...Thanks
            07-03-2006, 11:42 PM
          • oiram
            Clone tool help
            by oiram
            When I select the clone tool option I am trying to clone Copy something from another part of the picture knowing where this is from the little cross that indicates where the clone is being taken from, however instead of an actually copy it is giving me a color shade as if were a paint color I was trying...
            09-19-2009, 07:10 PM
          • ylwdog
            Clone Stamp for Just Color
            by ylwdog
            Good morning-
            I need to paint with color only and not texture. I tried changing the mode to color and hue but was not successful. How can I only paint with a sample color using the clone stamp?

thx-

Doug
            07-20-2015, 05:21 AM
          • jjjay00
            The Dredded Clone Tool
            by jjjay00
            Ok, now I've heard the dredded cloning tool (PS CS2) mentioned quite a bit. The reason why I say dredded is because I can't get the hang of it...Apparently you can clone on nice skin - soft, clean, but still with pores showing in other words natural. I'm kind of getting over the flat blurred skin tone...
            04-26-2007, 06:07 AM
          • maverick911
            Clone Tool Help
            by maverick911
            I want to remove the furniture bottom left in this image but when I use the clone tool the area is really patchy. How can I overcome this?

I would also really like to remove the light switch but dont know where to start with that?...
            09-13-2009, 03:51 AM
          Working...
          X