Can you use a color image as a brush?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you use a color image as a brush?

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to use a color image to define a brush, and if not that then something that would work the same way.

For example: imagine you have a color image of a ladybug and you want to use the brush's scatter and jitter options to put out a bunch of them with the stroke of the brush. It looks like the brush only cares about bw information though so the color info doesn't stick. I tried to get this to work by making a pattern out of the image and then using the pattern stamp tool with scatter and jitter options but that also didn't work.

Is there some way to accomplish this?

Re: Can you use a color image as a brush?

Well I know that Illustrator does this.

Comment

I believe adobe illustrator has that function although I haven't used AI for many years.

Comment

Ive been after Adobe to get a full color brush capability for years. You are correct...Photoshop only has the ability to capture grayscale brushes and manipulate them.

I used to use a $69 program called PaintShop Pro that had a capability called "tubes" that allowed you to put in full color images and stamp them.

For now you might have to go outside Photoshop...then come back in.

Cheers
        Ray

Comment

Working...
        X