X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys how do you achieve this kind of post process

http://500px.com/photo/45248718

Re: Guys how do you achieve this kind of post proc

Blah. First your results may vary, as what is necessary is directly related to how it it lit and shot. That said the background is comped in. That line along the building has some obvious signs, including inability to get a perfect match in perspectives. There is also some haloing around the building. If by some chance it wasn't comped, it was definitely adjusted separately on each side of the line to a degree. They applied some corner vignetting, as well as some around the portal area. The background toning could have been done with something like the general lightroom warming filters or alienskin. With lightroom doing it to the raw image is probably the easiest, assuming you don't lose crucial details. Their skintones appear to have been adjusted separately so as not to blend into the background too much.

Does that help? It's about as close to a general formula as anyone will be able to give you. As always your results may vary. You still have to know how to light and bring out the appropriate definition where necessary as you can see in the faces, and to a lesser degree in the clothing.

Comment

I'm tempted to think that's a composite, simply because it's spectacular, but not because of the line of the wall against the sky. I suspect there is some blur/diffusion being applied to the darker tones which creates that halo/smear.

[Note - this image was borrowed from Google Images for demonstration purposes only. I do not claim any rights to the image.]

The 1st image is as I found it. The second image has been treated with curves for tone and color. For the diffusion, I duped the original, ran Gaussian blur, set the opacity to 80%, used the blend-if sliders to limit the effects to the lower tones, and masked it off slightly here and there.

I believe something along those lines was done on the target image, though to a lesser degree.
      Attached Files

Comment

thanks klevs and Flastones trying to research more of this then ill gonna post my result
        here

Comment

Discarding any semblance of taste one might have would be a start.

Comment

Working...
          X