No announcement yet.

how do you open MOS files?

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• creativeretouch
    100MP Raw Files
    by creativeretouch
    I downloaded sample 100MP Raw Files (IQ3) - and my first question was - "OMG, how long it is going to take me to retouch one image?" What is your opinion?

Regards, Filip
    01-12-2016, 11:51 PM
  • Doug Nelson
    Downloadable sample RAW files
    by Doug Nelson
    Does anyone know of any sites where we can download RAW files in the various native digital camera formats? I've looked on the Nikon site, Canon site, etc., but can't find any downloadable RAW images (they might not end with .raw, I know).
    10-27-2004, 01:15 PM
  • johnnycorcoran
    Getting and Giving RAW Files
    by johnnycorcoran
    Im now working with the Pro Photographer as Im a digital artist.
    How can I get them raw files over? I mean this hotographer live miles away from me and want to give 75,85 raw files but its too much to sent onto a email.any best way to get them raw files??

hope theres something...
    07-07-2008, 06:32 AM
  • patrickt
    .ORF files-Batch import for PSE2.0
    by patrickt
    Can I import RAW Olympus files, .ORF files, as a batch into PSE2.0?
    08-04-2003, 02:09 PM
  • sucharitha
    y4m raw files
    by sucharitha
    hi there....

Is there anyone who can help me out finding some raw data files in y4m format
    07-30-2010, 11:41 PM
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you open MOS files?

Does anyone know how to open MOS files not using Capture One? MOS files won't open in CC camera raw for me. Under get info it says that it is a Leaf RAW image.
    I had a free trial to Capture One, but it expired and I am not eager to purchase it.
    Thanks for your help.

Re: how do you open MOS files?

I think the problem may be due to the MOS files being compressed as I understand that Photoshop can manage these raw files but needs to work on uncompressed data.

Failing access to Capture One again to resave as uncompressed I wonder if you could convert a copy to DNG format using the Adobe converter this should give you a linear raw type image you can work with
    http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=5645

The only other thing I can think of is a file conversion utility there are a few but I suspect you will have limited choices of format. http://www.contenta-converter.com/en...ervice=convert

Comment

try raw therapee, is free

Comment

What back/body shot these? They're either from a really old one or one that is not yet supported. Anyway download Leaf Capture. I haven't used it in years, but it should still have raw processing. I'll warn you it's not as elegant as some of the other solutions.

Comment

Under get info it says it was shot by a Leaf Aptus 75 large format camera.

Thanks everyone for your help. Tony, I downloaded the Adobe Digital Negative Converter, but it doesn't seem to work for these MOS files as the files appear greyed out when I try to select one. It doesn't appear that the free version of contenta converter and raw therapee allow conversion to DNG format so I can do my processing in camera raw. Klev, I downloaded the Leaf Raw Converter but the app won't open. I am getting a message that the Leaf Raw Converter can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.

Nothing is easy. I wish that Adobe camera raw recognized compressed MOS files.
          Last edited by Caravaggio; 12-29-2013, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Caravaggio View Post
            Under get info it says it was shot by a Leaf Aptus 75 large format camera.

Thanks everyone for your help. Tony, I downloaded the Adobe Digital Negative Converter, but it doesn't seem to work for these MOS files as the files appear greyed out when I try to select one. ...
            You cannot select one file in Adobe DNG converter AFAIK. But you could put a single image in a folder first

The files for conversion all need to go in one folder and you select the folder not the individual images. Again AFAIK you will not see individual files but once the folder is selected the converter will find all the raw files in that folder and make the conversion to DNG.

A suggestion, make a folder and drag some of your mos files into it as copies. Open DNG converter and point to the folder (set options as required) then click on the extract button - with luck you should get your conversion

Comment

Tony, I made a folder on my desktop and put the MOS file in it. I selected the folder in 'Select Folder' in the Adobe Digital Negative Converter. I then select 'Convert' and get a message that 'The source folder does not contain any supported raw files'.

Comment

Don’t want to waste your time as I have no real first hand experience of the Leaf .mos files although I have played with a couple in the past.

The link to the Adobe DNG converter was for version 8.2 and for the Mac (assume it would not work if you are a PC user!).

AFAIK the converter is updated around the same time as the ACR version and the supported cameras should be the same as shown on the Camera Raw page in that link.

Camera Raw page shows support for Leaf Aptus 75 and Aptus 75s. So in theory you should be ok but there remains the possibility that the converter cannot do anything with any compression that may have been applied to the file – I just do not know!

Have you tried putting other raw files into a folder (perhaps including a few mos as well) and seeing if all is set up and working as it should with the Adobe app – just in case?

EDIT: A search reveals that Camera Raw doesn't support compressed MOS files from Leaf or Mamiya cameras although it is fine with uncompressed so you will need to convert to this format. Not sure why you are getting the message about cannot use Leaf as it is from an unidentified developer but if this was on a PC it would be related to the account control which would need administrator privelleges - something similar on a Mac maybe?
                Last edited by Tony W; 12-29-2013, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your help Tony. The version I tested the MOS files with was the latest version 8.3 for mac (as I am on a mac). I tried several different MOS files but they were all from the same photog so I suspect they all were processed with the same compression. All the rest of the raw files that I have are camera raw files so I don't have any other files to test the converter on.

From the google search that I did, it sounds like you are right about compression being the problem.
                  Last edited by Caravaggio; 12-29-2013, 05:33 PM.

Comment

maybe you can upload the file on some filesharing service like mediafire, I install capture one and I convert it for you

Comment

I downloaded a copy of CaptureOne for free using a promotional code, around 6 months ago. Here is a link to the same Express 6 version of the program. Not the high end version, but then it is free!

Comment

The active coupon code at the present is PFB2013, proceed to checkout and download the capture one 6 for free

Comment

Thank you Mike and flowbox. I'm downloading the free version now and hopefully it will open my files. I'll let you know how it does.

Comment

There should be one "standard" encoding for camera manufacturers to use, I know Adobe came up with DNG, but, unless Adobe and big Photo Retouch houses push for it, it will not happen. It would make life a lot easy, then again, why would you upgrade to the next ACR for? may be Adobe loves it as it is Why kill the cash cow?

Comment

Thanks for the links Mike and Flowbox decided to have a play and downloaded the Lite version. Not had time to really play and evaluate but there may be an issue for some users at least with Windows 64 bit. So FWIW:

After installing C1 6.4.5 some time later I was navigating to some scanned image files using Windows Explorer. After opening the folders within a short time explorer stopped working and had to close.

A little digging around in Event Viewer error logs showed the path to the Capture One app. and listed P1.WIC.NativeComWrapper.dll as culprit.

Searching found little in the way of real information including the Phase One site other than a couple of users suggesting to disable the .dll by renaming it to .old.

Once I had done this Windows Exporer was fine with the same problem folders and Capture one seems to be working but...

It is not clear what function this .dll serves and what implications the effective deletion of this library has to using the application fully in the future.

Anyone had any experience of this issue and knows what function the .dll serves?

No suggestions to move to a Mac environment please

Comment

Working...
                              X