Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to achieve this color toning and postproccess

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • how to achieve this color toning and postproccess

    Hy, I love so much this kind of postproccessing, can someone how can I take this color tonning and postproccessing?
    Thank you so much

    http://www.petrovajulian.com/photos-1/julia-and-anna/
    http://www.petrovajulian.com/photos-1/lilac-soul-julia/
    http://www.petrovajulian.com/photos-1/natasha/
    http://www.petrovajulian.com/photos-...iana-and-anna/

  • #2
    Re: how to achieve this color tonning and postproc

    Try reducing the contrast in the individual RGB channels and overall as required. Should you want to introduce casts into the shadows and or highlights alter the contrast of individual channels to taste

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: how to achieve this color tonning and postproc

      Originally posted by Tony W View Post
      Try reducing the contrast in the individual RGB channels and overall as required. Should you want to introduce casts into the shadows and or highlights alter the contrast of individual channels to taste
      Actually, I have come across a PSD that one of the students that attended her workshop has done... but I'm not sure I have a permission to share... hm... I'll make a quick retouch on a simillar image and post that.

      Key things are: vignetting, split toning, and brushing on a new layer with sampled colors, to get that color spill.

      DNB and HEALING are no brainers.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: how to achieve this color tonning and postproc

        Originally posted by skoobey View Post
        ...Key things are: vignetting, split toning, and brushing on a new layer with sampled colors, to get that color spill.

        DNB and HEALING are no brainers.
        I wouldnt disagree with your assesment (not looked that closely at the images) other than you mentioning the key things.

        The key things here are in the actual original capture of the image i.e the lighting posing background etc. - the photographers vision prior to even touching the shutter button, pp although important to achieve that vision is secondary.

        As you know there are many posts of this nature, how to achieve this or that 'look'. In many cases if you ask to see a starting point image you know that the poster is going to be disappointed that an image comprising of grandma at the kitchen sink with head on flash is not going to look like the dreamy surreal vision as seen in their reference image.

        In short I believe that many think that PS will 'turn a sows ear into a silk purse' (not suggesting this is necessarily the case with the OP) and are disappointed when they finally realise there is no magic formula to turn an Etch a Sketch image into a Rembrandt - you might get a Picasso though
        Last edited by Tony W; 01-14-2014, 02:45 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: how to achieve this color tonning and postproc

          Originally posted by Tony W View Post
          I wouldnt disagree with your assesment (not looked that closely at the images) other than you mentioning the key things.

          The key things here are in the actual original capture of the image i.e the lighting posing background etc. - the photographers vision prior to even touching the shutter button, pp although important to achieve that vision is secondary.

          As you know there are many posts of this nature, how to achieve this or that 'look'. In many cases if you ask to see a starting point image you know that the poster is going to be disappointed that an image comprising of grandma at the kitchen sink with head on flash is not going to look like the dreamy surreal vision as seen in their reference image.

          In short I believe that many think that PS will 'turn a sows ear into a silk purse' (not suggesting this is necessarily the case with the OP) and are disappointed when they finally realise there is no magic formula to turn an Etch a Sketch image into a Rembrandt - you might get a Picasso though
          Absolutely! I'm just taking about the post processing. If you shoot with a hard light, in a modern interior with a completely different model, make-up, styling, posing, framing... well you're never going to get "the look". Retouching is just like prinitng. A finishing touch that is necessary to bring image to life, but if there is no image, no magician would do it (except that someone can draw the entire thing from scratch at a budget of tens of thousands of dollars).

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: how to achieve this color toning and postprocc

            thanks so much

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: how to achieve this color toning and postprocc

              try to use picasso
              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              photoshop tutorials | Photoshop CS6 DownloadL]
              Last edited by jenny12014; 01-31-2014, 11:37 AM.

              Comment

              Loading...
              Working...
              X