Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Retouch for bokeh/ film like qualities

Hi guys,

I know this photo was taken on a Canon and yet it looks like legit film. I was wondering how can you produce bokeh/ lens glare/ split toning like this?
    Attached Files

Re: Photo Retouch for bokeh/ film like qualities

Too small to really see but start with a long lens at wide aperature. A 300mm 2.8 would do it. Split toning is easy to do in PS; I usually use a colour balance adjustment layer but there are other more, er, sophisticated ways of doing it. Works for me, though.

Comment

Re: Photo Retouch for bokeh/ film like qualities

Photoshop has the lens Blur filter in which you can imitate the blur from camera lenses. You can make depth maps to make objects get more blurry the farther away they are. I love to have that option on images, after they are shot. The lens Blur is very slow though. Other plugins like Bokeh, Lens Effects, Focal point are way faster, but they cost.
      pellepiano
      Last edited by pellepiano; 02-18-2014, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Frank Lopes
        Focal length issues in pano shooting
        Frank Lopes
        by Frank Lopes
        Since I shoot with Nikon cameras, most of these lens references are based on my personal experiences with Nikon equipment. The general concepts however apply to any manufacturer.

The focal length of a camera lens is the distance between the center of the lens and the film/sensor...
        12-24-2007, 09:43 AM
      • yuppicide
        Zoom
        yuppicide
        by yuppicide
        I'm looking at lenses and they say for example 18-55mm. How do I find out how much zoom this would be in x terms?! Like for example the Olympus C765 Ultra Zoom says 10x optical zoom?!

I'm trying to compare the two so when I guy a Digital SLR and have to get a lense I'll know how much...
        04-24-2005, 10:18 PM
      • gmitchel
        Lens Blur Filter
        gmitchel
        by gmitchel
        I really like the Lens Blur filter in PS CS. It does a much better job of blurring backgrounds than a simple Gaussian Blur.

I attached two images to this message. The first is a simple JPG directly from the RAW file. It is an image of a white iris from Leu Botanical Garden in Orlando,...
        07-03-2004, 02:12 PM
      • willdoak
        Best lens cleaning products / methods?
        willdoak
        by willdoak
        I used to take my Nikon film cameras to the Nikon place in New York, where someone from Japan would clean the camera and lens, check the shutter, etc., free. I was apprehensive about taking some cleaning solution to those nicely coated lenses.

What do you recommend as good ways to clean...
        07-21-2008, 10:13 AM
      • suji
        clear photo of lens moisture
        suji
        by suji
        Hi,

Can someone show me how to remove the lens moisture from this photo.

Thanks
        Suji...
        12-19-2007, 06:19 AM
      Working...
      X