Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severe Moire

Hey all,

haven't been here for a awhile and hope I get some pro help with this Moire that's killing me.

Have used the following technique to no avail

A new way to remove moire

are there any other methods that work?

I have had no issues removing the colour aspect, its just the luminosity that's causing the headache

hope I someone can help and thanks in advance

x
    Attached Files

Re: Severe Moire

It's not apparent if you are trying to reduce the moire on a fabric and still need to have the texture remain or you need to have the texture completely removed from that area.
    If it is the former, try converting the image to LAB color. Select the L channel and go Image>Apply Image selecting the L channel, checking the Invert box, choose Difference Blend mode and reduce the opacity until you find the sweet spot which will vary depending on the resolution and size of your working file.
    If you want to remove the texture for the most part, try the same process but instead of difference mode use Hard Light or Linear Light. If these modes are used, you will need to apply a levels command to darken the L channel as the blue will be too bright.
    Cheers, Murray
    Attached Files

Comment

Hey Murray,

Thanks for the response, am definitely trying to keep the texture of the suit if possible
      though the swirl patterns need to be gone, probably impossible without reintroducing the pattern from else which guess what I don't have - go figure! So if this is as close as I can get then fingers crossed its good enough.

cheers

RS

Comment

gave it a go, no luck seems this suit is destined to be tough thanks again

Comment

Hi Risenshine - I know this is jumping in late yet:

Do you have the original unprocessed image either as Raw or as uncompressed TIFF or minimally compressed JPEG and the full resolution (not downsampled). I suspect (though not sure)t that what you shared is already processed and there is a much better chance of helping with the original bits. Just a suggestion if there is any interest anymore.
          Last edited by John Wheeler; 07-16-2014, 06:21 AM. Reason: Corrected to be more specific with request

Comment

OMG, John, you had me there for a second. I was like, what is he doing with the pure white layer when it can be done with a number of adjustment layers, but then I realized it was probably not to confuse the viewers.

@Risenshine

Well, how do we remove moire? By playing the differences in channels.

Once you've painted the whole thing, you've made it monochrome(be it in color). So, we can no longer automatically target specific color variations.

So, this is from february, but is applicable to any image.

Comment

Originally posted by skoobey View Post
              OMG, John, you had me there for a second. I was like, what is he doing with the pure white layer when it can be done with a number of adjustment layers, but then I realized it was probably not to confuse the viewers.
              If not confusing the viewer were my objective, looks like I failed by confusing you I you have questions, feel free to ask or PM me. More than happy to answer any questions.

Originally posted by skoobey View Post
              @Risenshine
              Well, how do we remove moire? By playing the differences in channels.
              Sounds interesting. Did you try and repair the OP's image with your approach? I certainly would be interested in more details of your approach in fixing that image as that would be really cool as another tool I would like to use. Thanks in advance if you have the time to take a shot at it.

Comment

Well my approach and your approach are the same. Also, it can't be done on his image, as the OP colorized it.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply skoobee yet darn as i was hoping for a new tool for my toolbox

One additional thought for @risenshine though.

One thing that is always worth trying with sensor created Morié patterns or artifacting is using a different raw processor. They can yield different results as the demosaicing algoritms can be quite different in regards to generating (or not) Moiré and other artifacts.

Thought it was worth mentioning.

Comment

Yes, Phase one fixes them like nobody's business.

Comment