Speed effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed effect

I am trying to figure out how i can give this sort of effect.
    I am reffering to speed effect on asphalt.
    I belive have been used an high pass plus some other combo.
    Do you know how to get a similar effect?
    Thanks

http://automotivegallery.org/wp-cont...ew-driving.jpg

Re: Speed effect

OK, I want to encourage you to keep learning. So, don't take this the wrong way:

read the manual! that's what it's for. There are no 1-2 stops. You read the manual to learn the tools at your disposal, then go through hundreds of tutorials to learn how to implement them, then go through thousands of hours of practice to be good at it.

If you bothered to read those 1000 pages of manual (don't be afraid it's large font and with lots of pictures), you'd know that it's MOTION BLUR.

Anyway, you mask out the road and the bit of sand on the right, make a copy to a new layer, straighten it with free transform using skew, distort and perspective options, motion blur it, then put it back into perspective.

One huge disadvantage in the motion blur filter is that it doesn't recognize perspective, so you have to straighten everything before blurring it.

Comment

Which manual are you talking about?

Comment

Photoshop manual.
        Last edited by skoobey; 03-24-2014, 08:11 AM.

Comment

If it's a photoshop effect, it's likely to be a radial blur set to "zoom" which performs a motion blur in perspective. It could have been photographed that way, however. Car shots are routinely shot with the car being towed by a rig with the camera attached so as to capture the actual motion; the arm of the rig is then cloned out. Or it's a cgi rendered car placed on a background with the aforementioned zoom blur.

Comment

Originally posted by eraanexact View Post
            If it's a photoshop effect, it's likely to be a radial blur set to "zoom" which performs a motion blur in perspective. It could have been photographed that way, however. Car shots are routinely shot with the car being towed by a rig with the camera attached so as to capture the actual motion; the arm of the rig is then cloned out. Or it's a cgi rendered car placed on a background with the aforementioned zoom blur.
            Aaaa, good call! Thanks, forgot about that one.

Forget what I said, zoom is the way to go here. I guess I fell out of habit of using it as it has no preview + I mostly retouched things "from the side" where it's useless.

Comment

You really should read the manual, Skoobey

Comment

I can see the speed effect on asphalt. You've done nice job, likka.

Comment