• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enhance Texture and Detail with Intelligent HP

interesting YouTube video

Enhance Texture and Detail with Intelligent High Pass Sharpening

Re: Enhance Texture and Detail with Intelligent HP

Thanks for posting. Looks interesting, will give it a try.

Comment

I should have known it'll be nothing new as soon as I saw complete disregard for Anatomy in DNB...

Comment

It was a well put together tutorial and solid technique.
        @ Skoobey - I'm sure its new for some people - just take it for what it is and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by skoobey View Post
          I should have known it'll be nothing new as soon as I saw complete disregard for Anatomy in DNB...
          There isn't really anything that new in sharpening. I could give you a list of every algorithm that can be used for it. Photoshop seems to rely predominantly on an inverted gaussian anti-aliasing algorithm, although there are others. I don't know how well some of them would work in Adobe RGB, but you could in theory make them via custom implementations with that custom filter option. You could also write scripts. You might find something like Lanczos interesting, but I suspect for general use on digital camera images that have already been thoroughly processed, you would have a difficult time implementing such a thing without ringing/haloing issues.

edit: it's used more frequently in resampling video
          edit: edit: it's based on a variation of a sinc filter. You may be more likely to to find google info on that.

Comment