Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some advice please

Hello to any who remember me,

It's been a while for sure. I'm able to spend more time here and with photos now, so I hope to become more active.

I am working on this photo, and could use some advice, as I am quite rusty. I'd like to brighten, make more natural, remove some of the puffiness. The nose is NOT that wide normally and the eyes could use some touch up on upper lids.

I welcome any advice and look forward to being back.

Deb
    Attached Files

Re: Some advice please

I used the Liquefy tool in CS6.
    Attached Files

Comment

thanks cupcake. that's one tool I never really think about, but you've shown me the error of my ways.

If anyone else can help this brain of mine, I appreciate any and all ideas and suggestions.

Deb
      Last edited by dcarr; 04-16-2014, 07:23 AM.

Comment

looked like lens distortion to me.. so, i used the lens correction filter
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi All, this is my first post to this forum. Thanks for the chance to assist. I use Perfect Photo Suite 8 and used perfect portrait to lighten some the areas, smooth out others.
          Attached Files

Comment

Post processing will only make a good photo better, a bad image will still be a bad image. The problem here appears to be that you have used to short a focal length, If you shoot portraiture with anything less than a 50 mm focal length yo are going to get distorion, especially of the nose. The best is between 55 and 85. This is much more flatering than the shorter focal lenghts. Also you have a light issue, if you had got the lady to turn 45 degrees, the lighting would have been nice side lighting and if you moved her further away from the light source you would have lessened the intensity of the light. Once these issues were adressed you could then touch up the imagein post processing. My advice would be to reshoot the portrait, you will learn far more than just trying to fix this one.

Comment

Nice Suggestion Julia

Comment

Thank you both, however, I did not take the photo and have no way to have it retaken. I know it's very blown out on the right, but that is not a deal breaker, as it's quite a small area. I've been away from retouching and restoring for quite a long time. I've been reviewing the site here, for my old tricks and more LOL. Back then, there were many wizards here who gave insight and tips. LOL I'm slowly remembering some, and maybe they will see this and poke at it.

Thanks again

Comment

Hi, I have done the best I can with such a small image, using the liquify and dodge and burn. I then evened up the skin tones in Topax Labs, Clean plug in.
                  Go here to see Topaz labs http://www.topazlabs.com/911.html until tomorrow they have 30%off with code "web42214"
                  Attached Files

Comment

I do apologize, as I thought I had uploaded the larger sample. Thank you for your attempt. I have actually begun to find many of my old posts and tips, so I will submit my attempt as well. I appreciate your time.

Deb

Comment

Sort out horrid magenta caste and most of the work is done - Photoshop, you,but on a good day
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Mike, I remember you well.

Comment