Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share color quality from one photo to another?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share color quality from one photo to another?

I used to perform an operation in Photoshop that used a standard (but not well-known) ability, but I forgot how to do it. And so there is no confusion, I'm not talking about a layer technique or color blending mode or combining two images so one is superimposed or merged with another.

What I used to do is tell Photoshop the source image and destination image and it would take the color characteristics from the source, find close colors on the target, and adjust the target to be similar to the source. An example of how I used this was in a photoshoot where a few pictures the color temperature was all wrong. So I just took good picture from the same location in the shoot, and had Photoshop use it to adjust the colors in the bad photo.

I thought this was some place in Photoshop's Apply Image feature, but all I see there is blending modes that work directly with pixels that are in the same location in both pictures.

Does anyone know the feature I'm talking about?

Re: Share color quality from one photo to another?

Never mind. I just figured it out. It's Image, Adjustments, Match Color.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Jakaleena
      Changing Colors on an Image?
      by Jakaleena
      I'm not new to computers or the internet, but I am a complete novice at using Photoshop 6. I'm a contractor and I'm trying to find a way to show people what their house would look like after changing some colors for example their siding or their shutters. I thought it should be a relatively simple thing...
      07-19-2002, 07:15 AM
    • mantra
      is there a color wheel for photoshop cc?
      by mantra
      hi

is there a way to have a color wheel in photoshop to select a color and use it
      to "color balance" an image ?

i know photoshop color balance adjustamanet layer has 3 sliders

what i would like to do is
      1) have a color wheel
      06-16-2015, 01:50 AM
    • uniguide
      Any idea how to solve this Photoshop color issue?!?
      by uniguide
      Hello worldwide fellow Photoshoppers,

Here's my issue - I open this photo in the explorer picture viewer (own a PC) and it looks great, HOWEVER when I open the same image in Photoshop (set on sRGB 8bits) the colors are off and there's a green line over her face...

It's...
      08-07-2007, 09:44 AM
    • modelsfret
      matching color from reference photo
      by modelsfret
      If i have a reference photo where i like the skin tone, or background color. What would be the best way to try and match the color on my image -
      09-19-2014, 10:06 PM
    • skydog
      Color
      by skydog
      I've seen a number of photos lately, that I like, where the color "pops". Very bright and brilliant. How much is this from the light used and how much from photoshop. If it is the lights..what type. If it it is photo shop what is being done? The photos I have are copyrighted so I can't...
      12-22-2007, 02:34 PM
    Working...
    X