Before-and-after stream treatment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before-and-after stream treatment

Here is a hand-held snapshot of a manicured stream I shot with a Nikon L810 while my daughter was taking photo class assignment photos with our Canon DSLR (working on motion blur).

Shown is the unretouched original and the slightly cropped and post-processed version treated with Topaz Adjust, Clean and Simplify (layers reduced in opacity and blended together).
    Attached Files

Re: Before-and-after stream treatment

Without any kind of retouching work the picture is looking more natural. Good one!

Comment

What a beautiful picture!
      The Topaz processed version seems to emphasize local contrast, creating an HDR-look.
      Instead, I would prefer to enhance colors more than contrast. What about the following version?
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for your comments, just saw them. My own personal preference is to move an image away from a "natural" look into something more "artistic". Ironic, since I used to work in photojournalism... But a light treatment also works, thanks genf!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• gholmes1936
          Parisian Cathedral
          by gholmes1936
          Here's a shot I didn't think was very good. I took it on an overcast day in Paris in 2009. Then I remembered some of what I have learned here and so I offer this photo to see what great artwork ya'all will create using it. I am enclosing the original as it came out of the camera.

I used...
          06-05-2011, 03:29 PM
        • MarcoMarc
          Topaz Adjust - What Is It Doing To My Pixels??
          by MarcoMarc
          Topaz Adjust is really great, but as a techno geek, I always like to know what a filter or plug-in is actually doing to my pixels before I use it so that I can anticipate any printing problems and/or how destructive it actually is to the original digital information in my photos. It's kind of like people...
          11-10-2008, 10:05 AM
        • palms
          Topaz simplify beta
          by palms
          Plugs and pixels has posted in a previous thread about this beta
          simplify

there is a download link and page here

I thought it may get more attention here, i have downloaded it and had a quick play, looks like another winner ,

One thing i cant see...
          11-19-2008, 07:30 AM
        • Florin
          Working and playing with Topaz Adjust
          by Florin
          Hi. One of my favorite plugin is Topaz Adjust. Even when I have so little time to spend with another activities I like a lot to play and explore new settings and save my own presets of this fine pice of software.
          Sometimes, when I'm not dealing with the old and damaged images I'm using it for...
          02-19-2011, 12:00 PM
        • TommyO
          Topaz Adjust 2.5 Upgrade - Features
          by TommyO
          Eric,
          I like the new version 2.5, especially the ability to remember screen size and position. It seems to be very stable.

A few items I thought I would mention and get your feedback on:
          1. While it is nice to be able to type in values for the adjustments, it would also...
          11-05-2008, 03:25 PM
        Working...
        X