Preparing for a retouch for adidas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preparing for a retouch for adidas.

Making some progress with displacement maps. I have to do something very very similar for Adidas next week so I figured I'd grab some images from google and work out the logistics. I pathed out the palm of each hand and painted (fairly quickly) over the original graphic. Then I created a displacement map for the game of thrones graphic. Looks like a good starting point. I'm excited to get in there and dig in to the actual select.

Other than painting a new glove and using a displacement map or depth map how else would one go about swapping such a busy graphic on some gloves? is there an easier way?

here is a link to the photo. http://payload238.cargocollective.co...ovesba_905.jpg

Re: Preparing for a retouch for adidas.

thats the way I would do it, unless you can get the images shot with white gloves

Comment

That seems like a great strategy.

Comment

It went wonderfully. Took a bit of time. but turned out pretty good. Ill post before and afters when and if i ever get the go ahead.

Thanks guys for the feed back. I'm hoping to get some better pieces for my portfolio, so I can try to start freelancing. I love my agency but The work has been slow. I know happy finish just opened a their first US location in Portland Oregon, where I am. So eventually in a few years I'd love to be represented by them. but for now i'm just trying to find clients that arent of the model mayhem variety. haha

Comment

http://http://payload299.cargocollective.com/1/13/423560/8282696/Glove-Graphic-swap_905_2x.jpg

New Jersey has dropped. Here's the image.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• modish
            Im New....question about retouch
            by modish
            I'm new to this forum. I've also heard a lot of good things about how helpful this forum is too.

I am an aspiring photographer. I am also a graduate student too. So I don't have as much time to spend on retouching my images. Any suggestion how I can retouch images within a decent...
            10-20-2007, 04:34 PM
          • Droolio
            Gothic Witch Retouch
            by Droolio
            Hello everyone.
            I've been reading up on this forum for a while and this will be the first time I actually post. So here goes:

This picture is some kind of Gothic witch or cave-woman from a small photoshoot I did with some friends for practice. The images turned-out so/so, being...
            04-25-2009, 05:27 PM
          • Radrad
            not a Photographer but would love to Retouch
            by Radrad
            Hello Guys! I'm Rad just wanted to drop by and introduce myself

I've been a retouch pro lurker for about 3 months now I really find this forum interesting I am no photographer but I work with a lot of mediocre pictures (cam-phone shot) but i feel there can always be something...
            11-30-2008, 11:57 PM
          • bymasson
            My First Retouch
            by bymasson
            Well, my first proper retouch. Would appreciate feedback. Edit and then original -

Sitting

Sitting - Original
            ----------------------
            Full Length

Full Length -Original
            ----------------------
            Portrait

Portrait - Original...
            06-11-2009, 01:08 PM
          • hugohd
            RETOUCH COMPANY in NORWAY???
            by hugohd
            Hello everyone!
            I'm a newbie on this forum, so I hope I'm posting on the right spot:

Do someone know if there is some kind of an annual for retouch companies worldwide?

Actually I'm looking to do an internship... in Norway! (Oslo)
            But I just can't find any...
            05-31-2009, 10:30 AM
          Working...
          X