Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexander McQueen SS 2014

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Alexander McQueen SS 2014

    Hi, I'm really interested in technique for this photoshoot, can someone give my any advice how to achieve this look?
    http://www.fashiongonerogue.com/alex...ing-kate-moss/

    Where to start?
    Is her hair painted blonde?
    how did she get that blue color spot on her face is this picture?
    http://www.fashiongonerogue.com/wp-c...hotos-0005.jpg

    Thanks in advance!

  • #2
    Re: Alexander McQueen SS 2014

    so hard *-*

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Alexander McQueen SS 2014

      Every trick in the book.

      Start by learning color palette and shading.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Alexander McQueen SS 2014

        I can think of where I would probably end up starting if asked to recreate this look on another image, but I don't think I could give you a repeatable formula. I would start by marking off stuff that I know is adjusted on its own. In this case the clothing and hair were adjusted in a very specific manner. I would probably also take note of the various highlights and shading on her cheekbones. There's a lot of separate work on the background.

        The most important thing I would say is to make sure you can refer to these images while you're working on yours without overlapping windows. Either print them out put them on a secondary display. If you're trying to match something it's crucial to be able to glance between what you're trying to match and what you're working on.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Alexander McQueen SS 2014

          Very good color grading application that costs a lot, you can tell by looking at the sequence of pictures, they are all consistent.

          Of course you can do it easily in Photoshop but will be killer if you would create same color-mood across many pictures.

          But, like skoobey said, every trick in the book, honestly though, I don't see anything that is ground breaking, at all. Just the usual stuff! D&B, multiple color casts, controlled saturation through LAB and some built in photoshop filters for plasticy look, and a slight "wet" look.

          Nothing to write home about, but, expect to use every tool Photoshop has to offer! NO third party plugins!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Alexander McQueen SS 2014

            This is Steven Klein so I assume the images came from RED camera and the distinct grading (which is spot on with the tv campaign) is a work of full blown color suite like Davinci Resolve.

            With regard to the photoshoot itself, the setup is likely tailored for the movie, hence a lot of small units of continuous light giving an overall dark mood.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Alexander McQueen SS 2014

              Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
              you can tell by looking at the sequence of pictures, they are all consistent.
              Working on any sequence of images (like an editorial), consistency is a key part of the job. Pick a good master image, retouch it - do not merge layers, use smart objects where possible. Then when you retouch the rest of the images, copy all the adjustment layers from one image to the next, redo masks to fit the respective image, and regenerate smart objects for filters. If you picked the right master image, your entire editorial will look consistent and good.

              The only two expensive application needed for that are the brain and patience.

              Regarding these images, they key to it will have been the original camera and lighting work, enhanced with local color grading. Spend as much time on learning to shoot like this as you do learning PS techniques.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Alexander McQueen SS 2014

                Take a lot of drugs and don't sleep much, to start. That will put you in the right frame of mind to make images like that.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Alexander McQueen SS 2014

                  Originally posted by Benny Profane View Post
                  Take a lot of drugs and don't sleep much, to start. That will put you in the right frame of mind to make images like that.
                  I've been trying that for years, it does not work. Lol.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Alexander McQueen SS 2014

                    Like others here, i dont see anything remarkable in terms of technique. I've worked on similarly graded images and there's no shortcut to the amount of work to get the result, but it's just basic PS adjustments and masking. It's likely that the colours in the skin were reflected by the surroundings and just heightened by contrast and selective hue/sat so trying to replicate it without it being shot in the same way is futile.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Alexander McQueen SS 2014

                      Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                      Very good color grading application that costs a lot, you can tell by looking at the sequence of pictures, they are all consistent.

                      Of course you can do it easily in Photoshop but will be killer if you would create same color-mood across many pictures.

                      But, like skoobey said, every trick in the book, honestly though, I don't see anything that is ground breaking, at all. Just the usual stuff! D&B, multiple color casts, controlled saturation through LAB and some built in photoshop filters for plasticy look, and a slight "wet" look.

                      Nothing to write home about, but, expect to use every tool Photoshop has to offer! NO third party plugins!
                      What would be a good color grading application? I do love the consistency in the images.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Alexander McQueen SS 2014

                        Davinci Resolve, if you can afford it! $995.00 Requires control hardware, $29,995.00 Complete package, Hardware included. They have free entry levele https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/pro...davinciresolve All the way on the bottom of the page.

                        Comment

                        Loading...
                        Working...
                        X