Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hate doing a complete head of hair drawing :D

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I hate doing a complete head of hair drawing :D

    There I said it. Doing some beauty images and it turns out I have to draw most of the hair.

  • #2
    Re: I hate doing a complete head of hair drawing :

    Wait what? I want to see what that looks like. I can do a few believable flyaways, but why wouldn't you have usable frames to pull decent hair sections? Even in a drawing painting hair to a high level of detail is ridiculously time consuming. You'll notice that most artists tend to focus on key points then allow shadows to abstract the finer details relative to the level of detail used in the rest of the drawing.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: I hate doing a complete head of hair drawing :

      Will do as soon as it's published. Basically, I paint with a soft brush to get a blurred version of hair, than add detail by painting layers of hair, bllur it tosimulate DOF, and attach dodge curves to the strands to get shine

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: I hate doing a complete head of hair drawing :

        Really? Popcorn machine warming up.........

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: I hate doing a complete head of hair drawing :

          She wasn't bald people, it's not gonna be like a glitz thing lol. Just adding detail where there was none.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: I hate doing a complete head of hair drawing :

            Originally posted by skoobey View Post
            She wasn't bald people, it's not gonna be like a glitz thing lol. Just adding detail where there was none.
            Make or get yourself some hair brushes if you don't already have some. They can really speed things up and the result is very natural if done properly.
            Use them often, especially when masking and the edges are difficult.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: I hate doing a complete head of hair drawing :

              Well you did say you were drawing a complete head of hair. Anyway, Shoku, by hair brushes so you mean a single stroke brush with some scattering, jittering etc, or do you use a brush which creates multiple strokes at a time with variation? Curious.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: I hate doing a complete head of hair drawing :

                Originally posted by rl-retouch View Post
                Well you did say you were drawing a complete head of hair. Anyway, Shoku, by hair brushes so you mean a single stroke brush with some scattering, jittering etc, or do you use a brush which creates multiple strokes at a time with variation? Curious.
                Both, and a set of individual locks if needed. See attached images of some of my hair brushes.
                Attached Files

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: I hate doing a complete head of hair drawing :

                  That's actually pretty great, I have about 4 single stroke hair brushes that serve me well considering I'm don't have to fill in hair that often. I'll have to investigate making more complex brushes in case something more intensive comes up.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: I hate doing a complete head of hair drawing :

                    Shoku: love this hair brush. Where I can download this brush? Can you share. thks alots

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: I hate doing a complete head of hair drawing :

                      @Shoku

                      The thing about the second strand of hair brushes... Well yes, they might work for the "second layer" of hairs, but no way for the top as hairs criss-cross even on straight hair, so perfectly parallel hairs are no good. Maybe for masks and a strand on the edge here and there.

                      The first set... oh my. So you took a bitmap and turned into a brush? Wouldn't it be easier to just keep that mask and use those as hair grafts, as in to keep the color? How do you use these, I'm curious?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: I hate doing a complete head of hair drawing :

                        Originally posted by skoobey View Post
                        @Shoku

                        The thing about the second strand of hair brushes... Well yes, they might work for the "second layer" of hairs, but no way for the top as hairs criss-cross even on straight hair, so perfectly parallel hairs are no good. Maybe for masks and a strand on the edge here and there.

                        The first set... oh my. So you took a bitmap and turned into a brush? Wouldn't it be easier to just keep that mask and use those as hair grafts, as in to keep the color? How do you use these, I'm curious?
                        The second set uses various Shape Dynamics and Transfer settings, which helps with overlap and a natural appearance. Hair should be created with multiple strokes, these brushes speed up that process.

                        The first set is very helpful with edges, especially when used with the clone tool, to create quick extensions and fly-a-ways, and to fill in areas where the original lacks fullness or has holes.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: I hate doing a complete head of hair drawing :

                          Originally posted by adtechniques View Post
                          Shoku: love this hair brush. Where I can download this brush? Can you share. thks alots
                          Here's a good place to start:

                          http://www.photoshopessentials.com/b.../make-brushes/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: I hate doing a complete head of hair drawing :

                            Those hair brushes, awesome! I've always been using the smudge technique but this will speed up the process for sure!

                            Comment

                            Loading...
                            Working...
                            X