Ecommerce retouching portfolio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ecommerce retouching portfolio

a potential client requested a before and after retouching portfolio for a ecommerce retouching position, but I never retouched any ecommerce work before. Is there any way I can get some help finding some unedited images to work on?

Also I shoot a lot of test with models in lingerie not sure if I could also show my photography/retouching http://maximilianrivera.tumblr.com/

Re: Ecommerce retouching portfolio

Frankly, only if the potential client/employer is a lingerie store.

'ecommerce' is as exclusive a term as is 'retail.' There are many different kinds of retail stores, from department stores to auto parts, to boutiques, to supermarkets to gourmet grocers to delicatessens - you get the idea. You need to show them work that relates to the products they sell. Remember, it's not about what they can do for your career; it's about what you can bring to making their business more profitable.

Comment

Are you a retoucher or photographer? Is this your photography port or your retouch port? or is it both?

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
        Are you a retoucher or photographer? Is this your photography port or your retouch port? or is it both?
        My photographer portfolio. Once I have a decent portfolio for retouching I'll probably include it on my site.

Comment

Originally posted by franko60 View Post
          Frankly, only if the potential client/employer is a lingerie store.

'ecommerce' is as exclusive a term as is 'retail.' There are many different kinds of retail stores, from department stores to auto parts, to boutiques, to supermarkets to gourmet grocers to delicatessens - you get the idea. You need to show them work that relates to the products they sell. Remember, it's not about what they can do for your career; it's about what you can bring to making their business more profitable.

Thanks! I wasn't told exactly what "ecommerce" retouching I'll be doing, but I sent some of my beauty retouching down to product shots of shirts I've retouched wrinkles out of.

Comment

Expect to complete a minimum of 5 images per hour, or as many as 120 per day. I did a test in London at an ecom retouching company a while ago. I only managed 3, didnt get offered any work, but i didnt loose any sleep over it. Just the thought of working on a production line like that... no wonder they have a high staff turnaround.

Comment