• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brush settings for luminosity mask

Hi

i bought tony's actions and videos
    i have an wacom tablet ,it's new

i would really like to know if you can help me to create some brush (i would like to use the wacom pen) that can help me to use luminocity masks

i gave it a look in cs6 brush settings there a lot of settings

thanks

Re: brush settings for luminocity mask

In order to use luminosity masks more effectively, I recommend using the actual dodge and burn tools on the mask itself. Default brush, no noise, no scattering, no transfer, no airbrush, just plain old round soft brush set to low exposure. You can see the mask itself by alt clicking the mask thumbnail (that white or black box next to the layer name).

Comment

Originally posted by skoobey View Post
      In order to use luminosity masks more effectively, I recommend using the actual dodge and burn tools on the mask itself. Default brush, no noise, no scattering, no transfer, no airbrush, just plain old round soft brush set to low exposure. You can see the mask itself by alt clicking the mask thumbnail (that white or black box next to the layer name).
      thanks for the advises
      don't you use a pen ? i like it more then the mouse

Comment

I do, but it's about the result, not the tool. Yes, pen does make things easier.

Comment

I do, but it's about the result, not the tool. Yes, pen does make things easier.
          thanks
          but the pen is more precisy and there is a pressure settings that sould be better

Comment

hi
            do you know i did some tests, and it's great to use the dodge and burns tools?
            thanks

have you other advises?
            thanks again

Comment

Re: brush settings for luminosity mask

Have you got any other questions?

Comment

Have you got any other questions?
                hi
                how do you blend several exposures?
                and may i know your brush settings ?

i started to blend 3 or more exposure with photoshop to have a natural look , but often i got ugly surreal images

and when i paint with tony's action alpha maskes for example light , i noticed that with the selection active i can paint in the midtones too

thanks skoobey

Comment

It's always going to be HDR looking if what you want as a final result is far form the dynamic range of the initial image.

I blend it with everything, from selections made from channels, lasso, marquee, magic wand, pen tool, dnb on mask, selective color, to just pure brushing it in.

Always default round brush, varying opacity, varying flow, but mostly 100% flow.

That's why you refine those masks, and that's why you make your own masks, not just rely on those defaults. They are for manipulating tones within general range, they are not specific to your image, and even less specific to the elements in your image.

Comment

hi
                    can somebody share their brush settings ?
                    maybe with some screenshot ?

i'm going mad sometime when i want to create a new brush

could be nice open a thread about brush settings for different jobs ,could't it?

thanks

Comment

You are over thinking it. What is the concrete problem we can help you with? Blotchy, blurry results?

Comment

You are over thinking it. What is the concrete problem we can help you with? Blotchy, blurry results?
                        hi
                        i have always used the mouse
                        and there so many settings to create a new brush tool
                        i don't know such settings

Comment

In Luminosity mask you don't need settings. You using brush as an eraser, to delete part you don't want.

Comment