Frequency Separation on iPhone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frequency Separation on iPhone

Here is how to do a Frequency Separation on iPhone.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zxbxzzo4ss...Phone.pdf?dl=0

Re: Frequency Separation on iPhone

Pretty cool! will definitely check it out

Comment

Pointless.

Comment

I've pointed out the origination of some of these things in other threads, in that frequency separation was really born from edge finding techniques. What you set up here is a road to nowhere. iOS has no color engine for sorting out profile data. It has only a few editing tools that would even allow the use of blending modes and layers, and yet you placed a GUI on top of this rather than distributing it as a library to be implemented by other apps. The code to accomplish this is simple enough that I wouldn't use a random API anyway. I fail to see the point beyond showing that you can write code for an anti-aliasing filter.

Comment

What is this all about klev? I'm not the author of the app. The app does the job and that's enough for a mobile device. I guess nobody is going into full time retouching using an iPhone. It's just for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Eedmonam View Post
            What is this all about klev? I'm not the author of the app. The app does the job and that's enough for a mobile device. I guess nobody is going into full time retouching using an iPhone. It's just for fun.
            I wasn't referring to that. I did however miss the bottom of the pdf. I thought you could just save out something separate that way, although I would say a good Poisson solver would be the way to go rather than something that requires layers .

Also yeah I get that iphone apps tend to be more for fun than anything. I'm working on one myself.

Comment

Sure, image editing on an iPhone is more about fun than anything else, but that's what people thought about computers in the past, and look where we are now I think it will be more useful to start something on the phone and be able to continue the work on a desktop computer.

And good luck on coding your app, hope to see it soon on appstore.

Comment

I see Iphone and ipad being used instead of todays tablets, also as palette pickers etc. and for drawing, sketching, painting. Especially once the pressure sensitivity arrives. I can imagine myself working on a tablet, no problem, but neither software, or hardware is there yet.

Comment

Sure, image editing on an iPhone is more about fun than anything else, but that's what people thought about computers in the past, and look where we are now I think it will be more useful to start something on the phone and be able to continue the work on a desktop computer.
                  I don't know that I see it that way. Doing something on your phone is nice in that it gives instant gratification. The tools that I think work really well there are those that stand on their own in that space rather than a way to start something to be continued later. An iPad could be different if you had the ability to assume sRGB. There are a couple apps with great features and well designed brushes, but they don't seem to do that well. Even the really good ones have only a few thousand reviews. The most successful ones so far have been designed to be self contained on your phone.

And good luck on coding your app, hope to see it soon on appstore.
                  It will be a while.

Comment

Working...
                  X