X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Face retouche with a big pores

Hi guys
    I'm retouching portrait and got a question
    So I've already did D&B getting rid of a small defects and making pores less visible. If I go on with D&B I will have "plastic skin".
    The question is - How to make skin look more attractive and natural in the same time?
    Attached Files

Re: Face retouche with a big pores

I would work on the low frequency layer to get rid of skin flares & balance the color.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi, and I would try to color correct this image as well.
      Regards, Filip

Edit:
      Oh - sorry, Chillin adviced you to do so too.

-----------------------------
      http://shotworldwide.com

Comment

DNB is about enhancing contrast. Key to not looking plastic, is to preserve sharp transitins where they naturally exist, like around the nose bones, eye bags, chin, lips...

Comment

To me the pores aren't too large or too rough. You probably just want better uniformity, but it's very easy to overdo it. I would probably start with the greatest outliers when smoothing. You should try to maintain a steady hand, and you should pay attention to which ones you adjust. At a broader level than this, you'll also notice certain boney structures and facial muscles. While doing this work, you also have to watch out for those things.

Comment

Thank you guys
            By color correction and removing flares and leaving this pores as is I can achieve more natural results

Comment

Natural is not the word. Pleasing could be, appealing also. The whole point of retouching is to go from natural to art.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• _ManWithNoName_
                Smooth Face Not Beauty Smoothing Tho
                by _ManWithNoName_
                Any tips for smooting features of a face. A tricky one, not simple and probably way beyond me.

I want to completely smooth all the features of a face out, so there are no eyes, no mouth, no anything but make it look like it's just a face with no features.

Any thoughts?...
                07-19-2010, 01:16 PM
              • fotogen
                Before-after, results not good?
                by fotogen
                I spent 6 hours editing this image that I photographed myself. At the very end, I do not like the results and I can not put my finger on what is wrong with the image. Can you please critique this image, be honest please? Originally, during the D&B process, I had destroyed some of the natural...
                05-16-2010, 11:47 PM
              • Sohaib
                Face Portrait(Now what)
                by Sohaib
                Hi, I was working on a face retouch, i liked the results so i'm gonna post it here to know what should i do after that?

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/628789NewOne2.jpg

btw it's me , and it's made using photoshop
                03-10-2012, 07:21 AM
              • sanderson2104
                How can i add color to a pale face :)
                by sanderson2104
                Hello, Any suggestions on how to add color to skin/face. I'm getting worse results every time I try an i'm out of ideas. Here is a picture of what the skin tone looks like, see how white and pale and my nose seems gone. How would I darken it or give the photo a nice summer tan. lol Thank you for...
                05-13-2016, 01:54 PM
              • sascolleen
                Colleen - pale patch on face
                by sascolleen
                Hi all - I am a newbie form Central Coast Australia. Love this interesting site and all the new ideas. Hope to get up to the good standard of what I see here.

At present I am practising doing up two photos for an elderly neighbour. One I have successfully fixed but this attached honeymoon...
                04-12-2008, 10:26 PM
              Working...
              X