D&B Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D&B Help

i was wondering is the any special brush setting for this specific shiny and silky dodge and burn look ? any idea ?

http://s9.postimg.org/c2mqoq53z/1097...22424657_o.jpg
    screenshot windows 7

Re: D&B Help

I use default soft round brush for pretty much everything I DNB. They should really deal with color on that image, it's a nice tonal work, though.

Comment

thanks for the reply bro.

Comment

Originally posted by skoobey View Post
        I use default soft round brush for pretty much everything I DNB. They should really deal with color on that image, it's a nice tonal work, though.
        If you're doing smaller stuff you should try adjusting brush hardness to somewhere between 20-40%. It often makes things more controllable.

Comment

Originally posted by klev View Post
          If you're doing smaller stuff you should try adjusting brush hardness to somewhere between 20-40%. It often makes things more controllable.
          Good tip for things like lines/wrinkles/strands/lashes. But 99% of the brushing is round soft brush.

Comment

Originally posted by skoobey View Post
            Good tip for things like lines/wrinkles/strands/lashes. But 99% of the brushing is round soft brush.
            I don't really care for extremely soft brushes on smaller things. Obviously if it's large and I need to control whether it bleeds over, a mask is necessary. I find I'm often in the 20-40% range. That's just me though.

Comment

I don't believe that shiney/silky looks was achieved so much with D&B as it was with curves. Sample brightness points on the image to get the right point on the curve and adjust accordingly.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• ashkumar
                D&B Actual techniques which professional uses.
                by ashkumar
                After reading some of thread I'm unable to get the results with D&B. Professional companied wants only D&B to smooth the skin alonth with evenout tones.

I gone through lots of thread I found only that they says use only "Dodge and Burn" Put one layer for Dodge and Second...
                09-20-2008, 04:09 AM
              • Karlington
                D&B is the s*it.
                by Karlington
                Hello!
                After working on this image for about 8-10 h I'm sick and tired of it. Dodging and burning those goose bumps was a real pain in the ass. Took forever, but I'm quite pleased with the result. I usually get blind when working this long on an image, so forgive me if I missed some things! ...
                01-08-2009, 11:22 AM
              • Findedeux
                First D&B!
                by Findedeux
                I tried my first D&B recently. While the picture isn't a great one for the task, I wanted to try it with one of my own images as opposed to a sample. I think I may have taken away too much dimension but at least hope it looks better than before.

Would love any constructive criticism....
                04-18-2012, 06:05 PM
              • Findedeux
                Minimum Size for D&B?
                by Findedeux
                I am just learning about Dodge & Burn and noticed that the pixel-level D&B requires very fine picture detail. I have some old photos that I'd like to try D&B on but they are only 8MP resolution.

Is this too low a resolution to D&B on?
                04-03-2012, 05:25 PM
              • DiamondsDr47
                D&b
                by DiamondsDr47
                I did this on softlight(50% gray), no blurs at any level.
                Please let me know what you think!
                http://www.pbase.com/emaivel/retouching
                Thanks! Best regards,
                Edgar
                www.edgarmaivel.com
                06-01-2008, 04:12 PM
              Working...
              X