Patchy skin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patchy skin

hi I would like to ask you guys about skin retouching in this particular situation - please see attached file. I am not asking about how to do because I am respect how hard is to get this knowledge I am asking it's very difficult and time consuming? It's possible for some step create action which will accelerate hole process for many images? thank you for help
    Attached Files

Re: Patchy skin

if your looking for some good skin retouching actions to speed up your workflow try Totally Rads Pro Retouch 2. You could also try a Frequency Seperation and use the mixer brush on the low layer to smooth out the transitions

Comment

Dodge and burn. Painting with light on the dark spots and dark on light spots to even things out.

Comment

hello thank you guys so much for help. As I supposed it's long time work thank you jacek

Comment

It's 15 minutes if you know what you're doing, but then again this is an educational forum, so you need to learn before you do.

Comment

Remember to zoom out every few minutes to get a sense whether you've done too much. Legs won't look good when they are too flat and it's pretty common they don't have the same amount of shaping light as face and torso because the light source is not big enough. That's also a typical issue with more low-key shots when you have to deal with blotchy knees.

Comment

Originally posted by fumare View Post
              hello thank you guys so much for help. As I supposed it's long time work thank you jacek
              It doesn't really need to be that way. The reason this kind of thing can take a long time is that it's easy to do the wrong thing. When you even things out, you still want to have shape, tone, and defined lighting, however subtle. You also don't want to simply invert the slightly brighter and slightly darker areas. If you don't create too much double or triple work for yourself, the process will get faster.

Comment

hi I would like to ask you guys about skin retouching in this particular situation - please see attached file. I am not asking about how to do because I am respect how hard is to get this knowledge I am asking it's very difficult and time consuming? It's possible for some step create action which will accelerate hole process for many images? thank you for help
                Duplicate layer -> invert -> soft light -> desaturate -> gaussian blur (to recover detail) -> selective colour (to blend yellows) -> midtone curve (to restore brightness) then mask out at the edges (for the reasons insmac mentioned) and voilà. Start-to-finish, two minutes:
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by skoobey View Post
                  Dodge and burn. Painting with light on the dark spots and dark on light spots to even things out.
                  This will yield a better result overall, though doesn't really warrant the effort unless retouching for 'high-end' applications.

Comment

hue sat, crank up hue sat, define the reds you want to change and slide them around till they get similar.
                    i couldnt help to db a bit and play with textur
                    Attached Files

Comment

Duplicate, invert, change mode to Linear Light, high pass filter at 8.0 pixels (approx.), gaussian blur at about the same (?), add a hide all mask and apply to suit with a white brush.

Cheers.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Profesh View Post
                        This will yield a better result overall, though doesn't really warrant the effort unless retouching for 'high-end' applications.
                        You can learn to do that to a reasonable level of quality without spending too much time. When you talk about "high-end", it's important to note that this often means high resolution / highly revealing images combined with a long list of things to do other than basic smoothing. Just smoothing out unevenness on something like this shouldn't take an excessive amount of time.

Comment

I used selective curves adjustments on a low frequency layer.
                          Attached Files

Comment