• Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Related Topics

Collapse

• kkamin
    Wrapping your head around the L*a*b* histogram
    by kkamin
    It's Lab day at the forum apparently. : )

In the RGB color mode, I understand what the histogram is telling me for the 3 color channels. I can adjust it with curves or levels with comprehension.

The Lab color channels, a & b, are confusing me greatly. All the histograms...
    09-06-2010, 06:26 PM
  • kkamin
    L*a*b* question: why can't it be simulated in RGB?
    by kkamin
    The big benefit I see of Lab is that the luminance is not tied to the color. So you can adjust saturation without clipping the colors as fast. Or darken an image without desaturating the colors as fast.

But why can't adjustments be made in RGB with blending modes such as "color"...
    09-06-2010, 05:58 PM
  • bart_hickman
    LAB versus HSL
    by bart_hickman
    I see a lot of folks convert to the LAB color space (and back again) and you most often say you're doing it so you can edit luminance and color informaton separately.

My question is, why not use the HSL color space instead? It seems more intuitive. Photoshop has the Hue, Saturation...
    03-10-2006, 07:30 PM
  • Toriat100
    LAB mode and retouching advantages..?
    by Toriat100
    Could any one explain LAB mode to me and its advantages for retouching/restoration?

Many thanks
    01-24-2008, 05:53 AM
  • Chacaboy
    Questions about LAB mode
    by Chacaboy
    Hi,

I am a new member as of yesterday. I teach Photoshop and Lightroom, college level, and I would like some practical suggestions about how to demo useful or creative methods using LAB mode. I understand how it is structured, and that the lightness or luminosity is isolated from the...
    08-24-2016, 04:05 PM
Working...
X