Why is retouching default = faces?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is retouching default = faces?

Go to google. Search for "retouching". Switch to image mode.

Behold the acres of faces. I only saw one non-face image on the entire page before loading more results, and that was of a torso. After loading more results I got maybe 5 non-face results.

Is this just a quirk of the google algorithm, or do faces really dominate retouching to that degree?

Are product shots, landscapes, architectural, even fashion just a blip on the radar compared to faces?
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Re: Why is retouching default = faces?

I guess it's because retouched faces have more effect when it comes to "before after". Or maybe because when someone wants to show a retouched picture, they focus more on the faces and that's what google find on most of it's results.

Comment

Re: Why is retouching default = faces?

And most are before/afters. not to mention examples of horrible work. Only a few actual retouching jobs, others results are from amateur exercises... oh well... this goes with my theme from the other day. Why do people look for bad tutorials first? Because google offers them first.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• detailsin
        collection of retouching portfolios
        by detailsin
        hi guys i am new here. i really like retouching. i was wondering if anyone had a collection of portfolios or links to your favorite retouching sites or artist..some stuff like before after images..thank you very much. take care.
        05-12-2010, 01:49 PM
      • Doug Nelson
        Retouching fads
        by Doug Nelson
        Are there fads or fashions in retouching? 6 months ago it seemed everyone was wanting to emulate Glenn Feron, now it's Andrzej Dragan's turn.
        09-24-2006, 07:17 AM
      • R_Leszczynski
        Retouching men...
        by R_Leszczynski
        Hi there,

I'm just starting my photography and retouching carrier and I'm in a really funny situation. I had portrait session with my friend (rock musician) and now I'm working on retouching some of this shoots. All retouching workshop, dvds, books, web tutorials that I watched, red........
        08-29-2008, 04:45 AM
      • Doug Nelson
        The single most important retouching thread ever
        by Doug Nelson
        The web is awash with OK retouching. Not quite there, but you can see they're trying, and want to be better.

They've learned the software. They've at least heard of the techniques, from here or elsewhere. But maybe it's just not quite gelling for them yet.

What is the one...
        05-03-2015, 03:29 AM
      • Rick75
        Retouching in Sweden?
        by Rick75
        Hi all...
        I'm looking to find the three best retouching studios in Sweden,
        preferably specializing in fashion and lifestyle.

Any ideas, who to look up?

Thanks....
        02-05-2010, 06:29 AM
      Working...
      X