Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about retouch

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Question about retouch

    I have question if someone knows how to get this kind of look

    http://i61.tinypic.com/2m35y6d.jpg

  • #2
    Re: Question about retouch

    start with a lens that has a large aperture.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Question about retouch

      That actually looks like simulated tilt-shift to me. Use Lens Blur with a depth map.
      Learn by teaching
      Take responsibility for learning

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Question about retouch

        I was talking about coloring not aperture...

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Question about retouch

          Selective color. Add yellows to whites. Add blues and magentas to shadows.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Question about retouch

            Adding colour to shadows via color balance, am I right?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Question about retouch

              Originally posted by wiewiorcwaniak View Post
              Adding colour to shadows via color balance, am I right?
              You might have to experiment with that one a bit. The appearance of saturation normally tapers off in deep shadows. Here it obviously doesn't, but some of that is propagated into the midtone values. The photo has some rather obvious vignetting, so you should take that into consideration. I think they were going for a retro look with that aspect. Lenses with large apertures would often vignette quite a bit when shot close to maximum aperture.

              You can give color balance a try, but it's not always easy to control. I would try adjusting the endpoints in curves. I mean the ones normally set to 0. Bring 1 or 2 of them up to hit the desired color balance in your shadows. Even out the overall bias via the middle slider in levels.

              Of course any of these tactics is going to require a lot of playing with it. If it isn't going in the right direction at all, you may have to revise your approach. Also you'll want to adjust your levels (or do something similar in curves) just a bit to ensure that your brightness range for shadows and highlights is similar to this image. You'll have an easier time visualizing the rest that way.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Question about retouch

                We Have to use a gradient map to the image to get the desired effect.
                In the gradient map ,darker part(left side of the slider with a darker blue color and middle color (grey) with red and the highlighted area with yellow shade)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Question about retouch

                  Selective color, Gradient map, curves, levels, color balance do the same thing, just with different interface. Learn how to read a histogram and never ask such question again. It's pretty much self explained.

                  https://scontent-lax1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...46538774_o.jpg

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Question about retouch

                    Originally posted by Tulack View Post
                    Selective color, Gradient map, curves, levels, color balance do the same thing, just with different interface. Learn how to read a histogram and never ask such question again. It's pretty much self explained.

                    https://scontent-lax1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...46538774_o.jpg
                    Don't be rude......you have been told the same thing on another site.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Question about retouch

                      Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                      Don't be rude......you have been told the same thing on another site.
                      You can lecture your girlfriend.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Question about retouch

                        Everybody that has tried to help the OP have not thrown in nasty insults except you. If you can't contribute without being venomous, stay away girlfriend.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Question about retouch

                          Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                          stay away girlfriend.
                          If you think the way I answered was wrong, how does calling me names make you any different? Should I just do it your way and call him an "idiot"?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Question about retouch

                            The 1st part of your answer wasn't wrong...it was helpful and then you added insulting remarks to the OP which doesn't set a very good tone for anybody to respect you. Not complicated.....don't be rude to somebody that is asking for help. You're an adult, think about it. That's all I have to say about it. Let's move on.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Question about retouch

                              Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                              The 1st part of your answer wasn't wrong...it was helpful and then you added insulting remarks to the OP which doesn't set a very good tone for anybody to respect you. Not complicated.....don't be rude to somebody that is asking for help. You're an adult, think about it. That's all I have to say about it. Let's move on.
                              I was asking, how does you insulting me, makes you any different? And if you doing the same thing, why are you lecturing me?

                              Comment

                              Loading...
                              Working...
                              X