Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: Log vs standard profile

No I shoot jpeg mostly now what this picture stlye "Autumn Hues" set to +7 -2 -1 0 e that does for me, wb is set to 5500K. Also, when I shoot video I ended up using cdng so there is no need to bake a log profile into the image any longer.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Tulack
    replied

Originally posted by marameo View Post
    When I select VisionLOG instead of standard or neutral, in Lightroom, is that supposed to be meant as an input lut or output lut? The way tabs are places (from top to bottom, where temp/tint are on top) suggests that it acts as a output lut, is that correct?
    You still need Log profile for your camera?

Leave a comment:

• rudym
    replied

I did add it but it won't open. I also have McAfee. Could that be the problem?

Leave a comment:

• Tulack
    replied

Originally posted by rudym View Post
    @Tulack I can't open v1.0. My last version that work good on my PC is v0.991
    Why can't you add it to exclusions? It works fine on my windows 8.1.

Leave a comment:

• rudym
    replied

@Tulack I can't open v1.0. My last version that work good on my PC is v0.991

@Marameo in Photoshop the conversion lut layer is at the top and the cin lut layer at the bottom. I don't use lightroom so I don't know how you will make the adjustment. Maybe another member might be able to help
    Last edited by rudym; 05-20-2015, 09:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

When I select VisionLOG instead of standard or neutral, in Lightroom, is that supposed to be meant as an input lut or output lut? The way tabs are places (from top to bottom, where temp/tint are on top) suggests that it acts as a output lut, is that correct?

Leave a comment:

• Tulack
    replied

Don't have any problems. Is your version 1.0?

Leave a comment:

• rudym
    replied

Thank you very much for your help.

Leave a comment:

• Tulack
    replied

My son has 8.1 Let me try it on his computer.

Leave a comment:

• rudym
    replied

As per the developer I was to put the folder in defender. This did not work for me.
    Its an awesome application do.

Leave a comment:

• rudym
    replied

No, 8.1 can you help solve that problem?

Leave a comment:

• Tulack
    replied

Are you the one with windows 10?

Leave a comment:

• rudym
    replied

I have the full version of the 3d lut creator. Everything was fine until v0.991 now I can't open it because of Microsoft defender. The developer was helpful but it does not work on my system. Yes it is a very good software. I'm happy I got it long time ago because its costly now.
    Last edited by rudym; 05-21-2015, 06:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• andrewrodney
    replied

Pretty easy to create then export a linear working space for use in LR! What do you want it based on? I suggest ProPhoto RGB.

Go into Photoshop's Color Settings.
    Make sure the current working space is ProPhoto RGB.
    Select Edit from the dropdown and you'll get the recipe for this working space.
    Change the TRC (gamma) to 1.0, save out the profile. Done.
    Select this from LR when exporting or opening in PS, you end up with ProPhoto RGB primaries (gamut) with a 1.0 gamma encoding.

Leave a comment:

• Tulack
    replied

Get 3d lut creator. Demo version would convert your any RAW file to LOG -C TIFF.

http://cs624325.vk.me/v624325174/e8c7/GnPSRGGUUOM.jpg

Originally posted by rudym View Post
    @Andrewrodney
    " You can render the image flat or somewhat flat or contrasty, doesn't change the data the camera produced in the raw format."

I taught you shoot raw to be able to make changes to the raw files since its not baked-in like a jpg file. Can you explain?
    It does change it. You can not see raw file in Lightroom. Your camera and Lightroom apply corrections to raw. The only way to see an original raw is to convert it to LOG.
    Last edited by Tulack; 05-20-2015, 12:19 PM.

Leave a comment: